My first T Bracypelma Albospilosum

decirp

Arachnopeon
The chances of finding a female Eupalaestrus campestratus is slim and none. The only place you would find one is from someone selling their private collection online. The last female I saw for sale was about four years ago and she was selling for $300. Everyone that I know with a female isn't parting with them... including me. They are slow growing, in very high demand, and spiderlings are not available that often and are expensive.
Females of all those species are going to be very expensive in Canada, especially in the GTA. The least expensive females are Brachypelma albopilosum. For all the other species, you are looking at $100 at the very minimum and several hundred for some of the others. Some of those species take years of raising to even get to the point that they can be sexed. People put a lot of time and effort into raising them and they are not cheap as larger sexed females.
Well that helps a lot , thanks for that excellent information. I’ll be finding a way to get my hands on that campestratus from Tarantula Canada, been looking for something harder to come across and I think this will be it. Not to mention a real beauty.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Well that helps a lot , thanks for that excellent information. I’ll be finding a way to get my hands on that campestratus from Tarantula Canada, been looking for something harder to come across and I think this will be it. Not to mention a real beauty.
That is a really good choice. Chances are that they won't be available for that much longer. I adore my girl. She is only about 4" and is still pretty skittish, but has never been defensive at all. I remember how thrilled I was when I discovered that she was female.
DSC00006-2.jpg

decirp

Arachnopeon
That is a really good choice. Chances are that they won't be available for that much longer. I adore my girl. She is only about 4" and is still pretty skittish, but has never been defensive at all. I remember how thrilled I was when I discovered that she was female.
View attachment 296757
Beautiful I’ll have to send an email to Tarantula Canada if they are in demand as I had no idea. I know they are probably rocking busy but can’t hurt to try. Love the pink in them as they mature. Been reading like a mad man narrowing down my choice. Now to get my hands on one ....

decirp

Arachnopeon
Haha I now am debating between a G Pulchra or E Campestraths and G pulchripes. Suggestions?

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Haha I now am debating between a G Pulchra or E Campestraths and G pulchripes. Suggestions?
G.pulchra and E.campestratus are more rare than pulchripes. However, G.pulchripes is an awesome species and you can't go wrong. Personally, I would always pick the G.pulchra, because they are my favourite species of all time and that makes me biased.
You really can't go wrong with any of them, but they are very different looking. G.pulchripes grows faster than the other two. Their care is basically all the same.

decirp

Arachnopeon
G.pulchra and E.campestratus are more rare than pulchripes. However, G.pulchripes is an awesome species and you can't go wrong. Personally, I would always pick the G.pulchra, because they are my favourite species of all time and that makes me biased.
You really can't go wrong with any of them, but they are very different looking. G.pulchripes grows faster than the other two. Their care is basically all the same.
Are all these considered slow moving , not looking for a speedy Gonzalez at this stage. I have contacted Tarantula Canada who is willing to put one aside for me if I want to wait until the expo or of course ship one. Thanks again.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Are all these considered slow moving , not looking for a speedy Gonzalez at this stage. I have contacted Tarantula Canada who is willing to put one aside for me if I want to wait until the expo or of course ship one. Thanks again.
Yeah, Amanda and Martin are great like that. They have always put aside what I want to pick up at the expos. I love dealing with them.
Individuals can vary and their size plays a big role as well. Spiderlings and juveniles are far more skittish than older individuals. I have a fair bit of experience with all of them and I rank them slowest/less skittish to most skittish - G.pulchra, G.pulchripes, E.campestratus. My pulchra have always been the most calm individuals by far.

decirp

Arachnopeon
Yeah, Amanda and Martin are great like that. They have always put aside what I want to pick up at the expos. I love dealing with them.
Individuals can vary and their size plays a big role as well. Spiderlings and juveniles are far more skittish than older individuals. I have a fair bit of experience with all of them and I rank them slowest/less skittish to most skittish - G.pulchra, G.pulchripes, E.campestratus. My pulchra have always been the most calm individuals by far.
Ok so really narrowed down to Pulchra and Campestratus. Will one be harder to get then the other down the road? I guess I’m asking which will be more readily available for future purchase as I’m torn between the two have been researching both and both see like great choices . You have been very helpful thank you.

That black velvet is awesome looking

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
The G.pulchra are getting more difficult to get overall - not just in Canada. They are far more difficult to breed. I'll go with G.pulchra being harder to get down the road.
Hopefully, I can breed my female E.campestratus when she is mature. There is bound to be males available in a couple of years.
I love my pulchra girls more than words. My second tarantula was an adult female, who I bought back in 2000, and they have been my favourite ever since. My Onyx is my spirit animal.
DSC07129-2.jpg

aphono

Arachnobaron
Don't pass up the chance at a G. pulchripes though. I have a collection of about 30 common, less common tarantulas(including two pulchras) yet the one G. pulchripes is my top favorite. Perhaps get two tarantulas- one of the 'less common/might be hard to get in the future' plus a G. pulchripes..

decirp

Arachnopeon
Wow thanks everyone , I’ll spend the day researching these 3 species and pick one to order , perhaps order tonight haha. Problem is I’m so indecisive. I’ll let ya know what I decide on. Looking at prices the Pulchra is by far the most exspensive I would assume as Vanessa said a bit harder to breed perhaps or just a lil less uncommon. Anyways back to the forums. At this point I’m not concerned on price anyways .

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Wow thanks everyone , I’ll spend the day researching these 3 species and pick one to order , perhaps order tonight haha. Problem is I’m so indecisive. I’ll let ya know what I decide on. Looking at prices the Pulchra is by far the most exspensive I would assume as Vanessa said a bit harder to breed perhaps or just a lil less uncommon. Anyways back to the forums. At this point I’m not concerned on price anyways .
If price is not a concern, I'd just go with whatever one you like the most; any of those would be a fine choice.