My First Scorpions!

Roachesintheivy

Arachnopeon
After doing a good bit of research, I took the plunge and picked up a couple of scorpions at the reptile show this weekend! To my understanding, they should both be H. Spinifer.

I'm unsure of sex, but I'll try to sex them later, after they get settled in. Itachi is the smaller one, named after a character from Naruto because my friends at the Expo with me happen to be anime nerds. "he" seems to be the grumpier one. Thorn is the larger one with the bulkier claws. He was somewhat of an impulse buy (yes, I know, I'm guilty) but I did get him on the suspicion that he was an emperor. Based on what I've compared now, it's unlikely, but he's proving to be the favorite and I love him all the same.

I'm really, really excited to take care of these guys and watch them grow. I'm really proud of their setups (which I'll show off if asked) and overall very happy with them.

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
After doing a good bit of research, I took the plunge and picked up a couple of scorpions at the reptile show this weekend! To my understanding, they should both be H. Spinifer.

I'm unsure of sex, but I'll try to sex them later, after they get settled in. Itachi is the smaller one, named after a character from Naruto because my friends at the Expo with me happen to be anime nerds. "he" seems to be the grumpier one. Thorn is the larger one with the bulkier claws. He was somewhat of an impulse buy (yes, I know, I'm guilty) but I did get him on the suspicion that he was an emperor. Based on what I've compared now, it's unlikely, but he's proving to be the favorite and I love him all the same.

I'm really, really excited to take care of these guys and watch them grow. I'm really proud of their setups (which I'll show off if asked) and overall very happy with them.
You should post some images of the setups just in case some tweaking may be necessary. And also because everyone here is always interested in seeing different setups.