1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Rehouse - Did I do it wrong?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Russette, Oct 12, 2019 at 9:28 PM.

1. Russette

Russette Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I just rehoused a C. Versi and now its sitting on the bottom of the new enclosure.
    I've heard that these T's shouldn't be on the ground.

Is this a matter of concern or is it likely still getting used to the new space?

I just rehoused it a few hours ago.

Attached is a pic of the enclosure. The T is in the top left corner.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Give it a day or so to acclimate

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Russette

Russette Arachnopeon

Thanks for your help.

Just wanted to be sure.

4. chanda

chanda Arachnoprince Active Member

Let's imagine... a gigantic force of nature (demigod? tornado? kaiju? whatever. You get the picture.) has just lifted the roof off of your house. They trapped you and lifted you up with out so much as a by-your-leave, then unceremoniously dumped you into a whole new world. Your comfy web? Gone. Your safe burrow? Gone. Your defensive perimeter of urticating hairs that you spent the past few months constructing? Gone. That tasty cricket you were saving for later? Gone. Everything you knew is gone, replaced by a strange and new environment, with none of the familiar sights and smells and no idea where the nearest safe spot or hiding place might be. You have to start from scratch, rebuilding everything.

Yeah, you'd probably want to hunker down and take five before getting started, too!

• Like x 10
    • Funny x 3
    • Love x 3
    • Award x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Sad x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

I was so moved by your words it made me cry from hearing just how cute the anthropomorphised T was!!!!! I want to find it and hug it and help it! Oh, instead of Lucas the spider we could have Steel the OBT or whoever. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. TwiztedNinja

TwiztedNinja Arachnosquire Active Member

One of my Avic avics was like that earlier this week after bringing her home from the reptile show. Took a cricket but would not move from the ground. Figure it wouldnt hurt to spray water and see what happens. Shortly after I did that, it perked up and started drinking droplets from the sides. Since then, its been hanging out at the very top like we're used to seeing them

7. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Me: **Opens enclosure to do routine maintenance**

**Godzilla theme plays**

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. chanda

chanda Arachnoprince Active Member

Oh, no! There goes Tokyo!
    Go, go Godzilla!

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. TriMac33

TriMac33 Arachnopeon Active Member

Your setup looks just fine. I find during rehousing, grab some of their old webbing and just place it in. A little bit of their old home going with them. Otherwise just leave it be, no more fussing for a few days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Russette

Russette Arachnopeon

I'll keep this in mind for next time.

I looked in on the T today and its back to climbing up walls and around the cork bark.

It is my first attempt at rehouse and I remember hearing that Avics and Versi should never be on the ground so I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the replies.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FrDoc

FrDoc Arachnolord Active Member

Dixie
    The specific question in the title of your thread, “Did I Do it Wrong?” If that little critter is in the new enclosure, it couldn’t be wrong. Hypothetically any (I would say most) rehouses could have been better (that’s called learning, which we are all doing...hopefully), but not wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TriMac33

TriMac33 Arachnopeon Active Member

My avic avic was on the ground for near a week when she was rehoused and I about died with worry. I was the most relieved person on the planet when she climed to the top of her bark and made a nice hammock for herself. We all have worries, especially when we're brand new to everything.