My first lil pede

Yulian

Arachnopeon
I've had her for almost a year now, shes even given me little pedelings which I released back in my yard (Puerto Rico) where I caught her. I dont really know what species she is but I dont mind. Shes got lovely hues of blue over her body and loves to dig and is a very aggressive feeder when shes not shy. Enjoy! :)
IMG_8236.JPG
IMG_9430.PNG
IMG_9433.PNG

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Cute! I like smaller 'pedes that are feisty and colorful. She looks to me like an Otostigmus or possibly a Rhysida species, but not one I have seen or heard of before. I will look for these, alternans, and subspinipes when I finally get around to taking a Puerto Rico trip one day.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Yulian you should try finding a nice alternans. Or red giant. Those are awesome pedes to own! We would appreciate pictures for sure ;)

Yulian

Arachnopeon
Yulian you should try finding a nice alternans. Or red giant. Those are awesome pedes to own! We would appreciate pictures for sure ;)
I'll def keep my eyes peeled, im also planning an excursion to go to some near by cave systems whenever im not too busy with college to see what comes up. The thing ive noticed with larger pedes is that ironically I dont really find them when I look for them yet they pop up in the most unlikely of places(my living room lol) Maybe its just my luck.
So pretty! I love those legs!
It was the first thing I noticed when I caught her! :)

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Well.. try searching near trees as well as under any large objects on the ground.

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
Look under brush Around El yunque or old buildings. Cave entrances are also a good place. I found mine under brush near my cousins place in Mayagues.

Scoly

Arachnobaron
I'd pay good money to get some Hispaniola red giants sent this way, if they're even found in Puerto Rico...

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
I'd pay good money to get some Hispaniola red giants sent this way, if they're even found in Puerto Rico...
Unfortunately I think Hispaniolan reds are only found on certain areas of Hispaniola and nowhere else.