My first escape.........

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, after 10 plus years keeping tarantulas I guess it had to happen eventually.. I had my first escape... and of course it had to be a P. miranda. I have spent the last hour and a half searching.. no luck. Doesn't help that it is only about 1.5" to 2". I use small fish tanks for smaller arboreal sp. and the lids are secured with a rubberband. I guess within the last day the band broke which left a small space that the T exploited. Needless to say I have doubled the rubberbands on the other tanks that employ the same method. If anyone has had success catching a pokie on the run I would love to hear it. It is on the loose in a huge room with tons of hiding places...........depressing....

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had a 1.5" P. regalis escape the night after I got it. I found it about 2m away from the desk its tank was on, on the floor, underneath a suitcase type bag.

Do whatever you can to make the room spider-proof (hopefully your house isn't full of cracks in the walls and mouse-holes like mine) and then just search EVERYWHERE. Pick everything up, check every inch of it, including inside anything with more than a 0.25cm hole. Check every bit of surface on desks/bookshelves etc. And all over any clothing that's lying around. Use a stick or paintbrush to poke stuff, not your fingers! And be careful where you tread, little pokies have surprisingly good camo as I discovered.

It took me about an hour to search the 2m of my room to where I found my spider, because my room is such a mess. But you gotta do it. Otherwise in a year you might find a 5" pokie waiting for you on a midnight trip to the bathroom {D

Good luck!

Annie3Ponies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It took me about an hour to search the 2m of my room to where I found my spider, because my room is such a mess. But you gotta do it. Otherwise in a year you might find a 5" pokie waiting for you on a midnight trip to the bathroom

Haha, sorry, but, hahahahaha!

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would love to see a 5" pokie waiting for me some day down the line..... I dont have my hopes up right now tho...

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
I had a P. metallica escape from an exoterra cage, I found it in my change dish. I didnt know it was even missing until I went for some quarters, she was about 2"...could have been over 4 days...lol. I would put papertowel tubes with moist papertowel in them along the edged of all furniture. Ive captured a pede and and a sling that way.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would love to see a 5" pokie waiting for me some day down the line..... I dont have my hopes up right now tho...
Sorry to hear about your lost Pokie. I have "misplaced" LOL several of my T's from time to time and feel terrible when I can't find them. I'm sure yours is hunkered down somewhere you least expect it. Hope you find it soon for your own piece of mind.