My first Chilobrachys

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm usually all about the African Ts, but a local pet store (with actual, knowledgeable staff and healthy animals) had a CB baby Chilobrachys sp. "Vietnam Blue" at a decent price and I couldn't resist. It's a little over an inch, great eater. I was so impressed with the pet store employee who was helping me; I should have asked him if he was one of us because he and I were geeking out hard using Latin nomenclature after a minute or so looking at animals together.

My invertebrate empire grows.

Last edited:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Nice pickup galeogirl, great species overall...probably my favorite of the genus! Fast growth, beautiful colors and lots of attitude lol.

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
Chilobrachys is my favorite genus. Congrats on the pickup. Currently I have C. huahini, sp Kaeng Krachan and sp namtok phlio. :)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't mind a little attitude. I give my Ts lots of hiding space, so they usually mellow out after a while.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I can highly recommend Chilobrachys fimbriatus. Adult females are absolutely stunning.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Hard to find better fossorial/heavy webbers than a Chilobrachys or any Selenocosmiine for that matter

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fed it for the first time since I brought it home (after 24 hours of letting it alone) and it took a small lateralis roach right away. This is going to be a fun one, I think.