My first Asian Forest Scorpions - Help a newbie - Also, Preggers?

SolomonJack

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!

I'm new to uhhh... scorpion husbandry (is that a thing?) I got my first two this past weekend. I've been doing my homework and I know I got two females however, the larger of the two may be an expecting mother. I was hoping someone(s) could tell for sure if the big one is going to give birth or molt soon and how I should handle it. She is VERY aggressive but is more or less content to chill out in one of two cork bark hides in their tank (a small one and a big one)

I initially had too much bedding in their tank so the temperature was too cold. The humidity is spot on. I fixed up the bedding and the temperature evened out. Last night, when I had the lights out they both decided to go out of their hides and explore. This morning they were back to hanging out on the warm side. They're sharing a 5.5 gallon tank for now. Now that people know I'm in need of tanks people are suddenly trying to give me all shapes and sizes. I've been offered a free 38, 50 and 100 gallon tank!

All tips and advice are welcome!

Attachments

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
The smaller one is stressed out by the larger one. If you have a heat source like a heat pad. Remove it. You don’t need to measure the humidity just make sure the dirt is moist enough that you can squeeze out a few drops from it. Show pics of the setup