My fiance is OK with tarantulas, but none of the following:

jim777

Arachnosquire
I have promised up, down, and sideways to ensure the T's never escape, and that turned the tide for me. I just have to play dumb a bit when one of the little flightless fruitflies hops through the little steel screen one ne of the slings enclosures and bounces around the room. ;)

funkymonk

Arachnopeon
My GF actually quite likes my spiders (as long as they stay behind glass) she thinks that they are intersting and a good conversation peice (they are on display in my living room in natural looking set ups) but scared stiff of my OBT... She jumps out of her skin every time it grabs a cricket or sees it dart across its tank even though she's seen it many times now and said she does not want to be around when I open the lid on that one and can't quite understand why I wanted to own a "defensive" spider with a significant bite, she admits it is pretty though lol... She found an escaped cricket in the bathtub the other morning, thought it was one of my slings that had got out at first, which made me smile! Have told her there is no chance of one of my T's just escaping and if i'm re-housing will warn her in advance so she can make sure she is out so now she is cool with me getting a few more and likes the sound of an arboreal setup I'm planning for a pokie so I guess I'm a lucky guy... Just haven't told her pokies can be defensive and fast yet too...