My favorite tarantula is dying!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How much space is there between the substrate and the lid? Was she dropped at all while kids were holding her? (Handling tarantulas is very dangerous for them).

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
An ICU is not the thing to use for a arid species like G pulchripes. That'll kill it pretty quickly.

Snowy Snowman

Arachnosquire
There mism be an answer. TjrreTh no growth in her cage
You said you watered her enclosure regularly. However, this species only needs a water dish, and excess wetness can cause problems leading to death.

mgsmid

Arachnopeon
Lazy, my favorite. The kids hold her! She's dying idk why. Her enclosure is dry rn but I water it regularly and she's been refusing food for idk how long. Her abdomen is fine so I let it go .
There is about 4 inches between the roof and substrate

mgsmid

Arachnopeon
She was never dOpped .I made the kids sit in the middle of the bed before hpldhol

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It could very well just be old age then ): I'm so sorry.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
What's the legspan of the spider? Did you keep the water dish full? Can you confirm that she's been pooping? Is there any chemicals or anything you or your kids could have transferred to the T while holding her?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Lazy, my favorite. The kids hold her! She's dying idk why. Her enclosure is dry rn but I water it regularly and she's been refusing food for idk how long. Her abdomen is fine so I let it go .
Full grown adult ? Was it a female or a male ? A fall on the water dish could kill it as it’s rock. Is put moss on top that dish and make it flush with the substrate.
Sorry for your loss. Hissers would probably be a better handling pet or a lizard .
You could have stressed it out handling it , but that might not killed it unless dropped.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I’m sorry she’s dying =( How long have you had her? What size was she when you bought her and how many years have you had her?