My Emperor setup

tjmontario

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,

Here is my set up for my 3 year old male Pandinus Imperator. Let me know what you think and any suggestions for improvements.

I am already contemplating a false bottom of gravel and water and sealing off most of the top to maintain humidity.

View from above.

His burrow.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
...Here is my set up for my 3 year old male Pandinus Imperator. Let me know what you think and any suggestions for improvements.

I am already contemplating a false bottom of gravel and water and sealing off most of the top to maintain humidity.
Definitely go with the covering the top, that is really dry looking and misting is not a good way to keep the moisture up to tropical levels.

Also the stones on top of the substrate look good but pose a risk later down the road of collapse. When the scorp burrows down out and around the stone it will lose its foundation and may unannounced fall in on the scorp. All the large stones I ever used were founded to the bottom of tank first then stacked up very stable then I added in the substrate.

Cheers

tjmontario

Arachnopeon
I just put tin foil over the top with a small gap for ventilation. Hopefully that brings up the humidity.

And I think he's fine with the big stones I have used them for a few years and I always keep an eye on his burrow to make sure he's not digging out one of the sides or something. Thanks for the advice though.

Personally I think the natural stones look much better than the plastic logs, etc. not to mention they are natural, not chemicals, so that's always good .

*edit* The tinfoil on the top and it has already made a difference., I can see the water marks on the glass from where I whiped the water off after a spray and those marks havn't been seen until now...so I'm going to take that as a sign of raised humidity.

Last edited: