My emp Just Gave birth and i dont know what to do.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
My scorpion Just gave birth (Had no idea she was pregnant) Ive had her for atleast 3 months now and im extremely surprised. What is my next coarse of action in helping these babies survive. I want to keep the mother stress free as best as possible. Please any advice will help. I am not a Novice at this point but i dont know what to do in this scenario. Please help

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
Whenever my scorpions give birth, i always put 1 pre-killed feeder (specifically dubia/lateralis roaches) everyday to prevent her from cannibalizing her own young, if she doesn't touch it i will remove it before the day ends, then replace it with a new freshly pre-killed roach again. I pre-kill the roach to prevent any stress to occur or if the roach tries to nibble off the scorplings. Put her in a dark and silent place to prevent anything that can stress her.

JoeScorp

Arachnopeon
I'd say keep the temp and humidity levels right and other than feeding the dead meat...leave her alone for a couple weeks.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
i got her to eat a half dead cricket! When its time to feed the scorplings what should i be feeding them. Petsmart carries smaller crickets or should i be ordering something offline

Alex99

Arachnosquire
Whenever my scorpions give birth, i always put 1 pre-killed feeder (specifically dubia/lateralis roaches) everyday to prevent her from cannibalizing her own young, if she doesn't touch it i will remove it before the day ends, then replace it with a new freshly pre-killed roach again. I pre-kill the roach to prevent any stress to occur or if the roach tries to nibble off the scorplings. Put her in a dark and silent place to prevent anything that can stress her.
i got her to eat a half dead cricket! When its time to feed the scorplings what should i be feeding them. Petsmart carries smaller crickets or should i be ordering something offline?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you find yourself out of feeders and are kind of desperate, most Heterometrus and Pandinus will eat small pieces of raw steak. Yeah prob not good for them on a reg basis but it works until you get feeders.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
If you find yourself out of feeders and are kind of desperate, most Heterometrus and Pandinus will eat small pieces of raw steak. Yeah prob not good for them on a reg basis but it works until you get feeders.

What should i be feeding scorplings?

Alex99

Arachnosquire
Baby roaches and/or pinhead roaches should be fine (appropriately sized).
I cant do Roaches, Any other Suggestions? I know at Petamart they sell those small sized crickets. If those are still too big maybe i could pre kill before tossing them in with the scorplings?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You can simply pre-kill one or two adult crickets for babies, clean up any leftovers the next day.

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
i got her to eat a half dead cricket! When its time to feed the scorplings what should i be feeding them. Petsmart carries smaller crickets or should i be ordering something offline?
I won't recommend crickets since i don't have any experience with them, i feed my scorplings B. lateralis nymphs, the smaller the better. :)

Alex99

Arachnosquire
You can simply pre-kill one or two adult crickets for babies, clean up any leftovers the next day.
This is what ill end up doing, wify wont let any roaches in the house so i was looking for an alternative.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
I won't recommend crickets since i don't have any experience with them, i feed my scorplings B. lateralis nymphs, the smaller the better. :)
I plan on Housing them in groups of 3-4 in deli cups. To Make sure they molt correctly should i look at buying another heat lamp to keep temps up? I have the mothers Heat lamp position on the corner of her enclosure and was thinking about placing the deli cups along the side to steal some heat from the lamp. What do you guys think i should do?

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
I plan on Housing them in groups of 3-4 in deli cups. To Make sure they molt correctly should i look at buying another heat lamp to keep temps up? I have the mothers Heat lamp position on the corner of her enclosure and was thinking about placing the deli cups along the side to steal some heat from the lamp. What do you guys think i should do?
I'd give there own delicup each, if you don't have any plans in doing a communal set-up, Yeah, i think that's a good idea for the heat thing.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
I'd give there own delicup each, if you don't have any plans in doing a communal set-up, Yeah, i think that's a good idea for the heat thing.
i plan on doing communal set ups until they were all sold. i even plan on eventually re-introducing a couple into the mothers enclosure and seeing how that goes