My centipedes(Sc. gigantea & Sc.aff.gigantea) eating trout~

trexpp

Arachnopeon
I've always cared about my centipede's diet.
I gave them some piece of trouts them this time.
Their responses were great!
I hope you guys have fun with this video :)

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Are there any negative repurcussions to them eating something they didnt evolve to eat? I mean theres a video on youtube of someone giving a scolopendra spinosissma milk from the tip of his finger so idk lol. Im definitely not trying that with mine

Nicholas Rothstein

Arachnoknight
Are there any negative repurcussions to them eating something they didnt evolve to eat? I mean theres a video on youtube of someone giving a scolopendra spinosissma milk from the tip of his finger so idk lol. Im definitely not trying that with mine
Well, the prey they eat tend to eat literally everything so probably not. They are not as complex as us. There is actually a species of aquatic centipede. They've been seen eating pretty much anything.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Ik about the amphibious centipede but theyve evolved to be like that. A land centipede hasnt evolved to eat fish. Like a dog eating one food its whole life n then suddenly switching it to a different brand made differently could make it sick. I was wondering if centipedes could react the same way but since theyre invertebrates itd be harder to tell whats going on inside besides it acting differently
Well, the prey they eat tend to eat literally everything so probably not. They are not as complex as us. There is actually a species of aquatic centipede. They've been seen eating pretty much anything.
ph

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Nor me! Centipedes’ alimentary canal aka digestive tract or “guts” are not designed to process dairy products or things like fruit although I do feed mine fruit such as bananas and mangoes but very sparingly and I was shocked to see it snatch fruit from the forceps as well! But yeah, I have my concerns for things like that especially dairy products which, unlike fruit, should never be given to a centipede at all!!! Good point

Nicholas Rothstein

Arachnoknight
Nor me! Centipedes’ alimentary canal aka digestive tract or “guts” are not designed to process dairy products or things like fruit although I do feed mine fruit such as bananas and mangoes but very sparingly and I was shocked to see it snatch fruit from the forceps as well! But yeah, I have my concerns for things like that especially dairy products which, unlike fruit, should never be given to a centipede at all!!! Good point
There have been some crazy reportings of centipedes eating stuff. Spicy buffalo wings, it's way out of a snake, and pancakes are a few things people have named (although I can not confirm to be totally true). Whatever a centipede eats is whatever its prey has eaten.