My Carnivores

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Starting from seed is tricky with these guys, make sure to follow the directions carefully. I keep them in my bug room and although I have never on purpose the fruit flies smell their way through a 1/8th inch space and get in and feed them, but remember they don't need to eat. If you wanted to watch them do their thing from time to time I'd just throw nin a few flightless fruit flies and watch. Should be small enough to not mess things up.
They don't need to eat?

AngryMothNoises

Arachnosquire
This is sooooo pretty! I love it. Its like, I don't know how to explane it! Thank you so much for sharing! I hope some day to have something like this. Its just so pretty! (Makes me want to put a nice little pocket of water for a small fish or something.)

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They don't need to eat?
From what I have seen especially flytraps they tend to rot off when finished, and others have rold me it was unnessarry, now the few fruit flies that they have got are fine but you will also notice bug remains encourage fast mold growth..

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Beautiful terrarium J morningstar!

They don't need to eat?
This they do not, they are plants too, they rely more on photosynthesis for their growth, food is just merely an additional way to get additional supplement. But it is a miracle, i have seed grown Drosera indicas mature within a few months as well as sarracen ia purpurea producing new pitchers like crazy, all thanks to feeding, i recommend feeding as it is simply amazing!

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful terrarium J morningstar!
Thank you, I have wanted this for 30 years, and am still suprised to this day I have it! The top layer of spaghnum moss has went pale(I believe due to too much light), but the underlayer is perfect to 2 inches or more.. I am sill going to remove the flytraps and make them their own globe... It will give me an excuse to make a whole collection of different trap shapes for my "Forest of Jaws!!!" :)

Artaeshia

Arachnosquire
This is the most fantastical thing I have ever seen!! It reminds me of the dark forest in snow White with all the creepy trees, but this is like a beautiful version haha. I've been wanting to do this for a while also, as I have vft's scattered everywhere, but don't really know how to start, what soil to use etc. Have you got any good links to recommend for this?