My C. versicolor transmuted!

iEatRazorz

Arachnopeon
Ori was looking a little fat as of Monday, "Ori," I said, "you need to diet. The summer isn't over yet!"

20170918_181640.jpg

The next day when I looked at Ori's enclosure I could tell Ori was plotting. The chelicerae just gave it away. Benefit of the doubt reigned supreme though. I thought nah and stated aloud, "Ori! You must be thirsty!" As I had noticed Ori's water holding apparatus had dried up, com'on we all know that's not a dish.

So I preceded to slowly open the deli lid in order to not disturb Ori because... PLOTTING! It was right when the lid was about to peel off the last little bit of peelable peeliness that the A/C kicked on. I froze. Ori may have stradulated with glee, who knows what this mysterious tarantula wizardry means. Chaos broke out. Seizing the moment, Ori skittered like no spooder before.

Up my arm doing a flip onto my shoulder. Down my back straight to floor stopping several feet from me. I stared Ori right in those beady little eyes, all of them, I went cross eyed doing so. I spoke. Carefully choosing my words, for they would set the tone. "HOW IS THIS FAIR! YOU HAVE EIGHT FREAKING LEGS!" I whined.

I lifted my foot. Ori took aim. As my leg came down I heard it. BOOM! Like a shotgun. The momentum was too great though, my foot made contact with Aboreal Poop Shot. I slipped. Ori meeped and took off. I got back to my feet and ran to the hall. Traffic!? I heard traffic. To the stairwell I went. From there I saw my front door at the bottom landing was wide open. I could see my driveway, Ori there right in sight. Mocking me. Should have called the B. hamorii fat instead I thought.

I bolted down the stairs, fast as my two legs would take me. Just as I passed through the doorway a bright, blinding light overtook me. The glow was majestic. I could feel the glory of something spectacular happening before me. The light faded and when I regained my vision I was overwhelmed. Ori had transmuted...

20170920_160457_005.jpg

... Ori! You lost two legs!

Ori did molt though. Found that butterfly in a parking lot. No idea how a would be post to the who molted today thread turned in to this though. I hoped you enjoyed :) Here are the obligatory molt shots:

20170920_061116.jpg 20170920_061155.jpg 20170920_061223.jpg

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
And congratulations!!! Ori is so cute :) A successful molt is always a moment to be proud of. :)

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Thank you :)

I was very happy when I seen all was well.
I know how you feel. My versi sling molted the other day LOL. I thought it was incapable of doing just that. Pre-molt for a month, and 1/2 inches at that. When I saw the exuviae after coming home from work it felt like I emptied my guts after 2 weeks of holding it in! So much relief! :D

Edit: I do have to commend you for having a very fat versi. Mines rather vain, so concerned about her figure and will not eat once her abdomen is about as big as her carapace.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Nice congrats man! How much bigger did Ori get? My Versi is looking verry plump as well. Here is to hoping he molts soon too! Screenshot_2017-09-21-18-21-09.png

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I envy all these fat versi slings. I wish mine had their appetite. Q__Q

iEatRazorz

Arachnopeon
Nice congrats man! How much bigger did Ori get? My Versi is looking verry plump as well. Here is to hoping he molts soon too! View attachment 252758
Thank you :) He/she put on some good size, seemingly more then with the last molt. I also dont remeber the measurment i last took... never recorded it. Hasn't been in a position I could use a tape measure with though. Wishing your Versi a successful molt :)

I envy all these fat versi slings. I wish mine had their appetite. Q__Q
Mine usually eats every three days. It started turning food down about 3 weeks ago. Then got noticably plump. I was confused that it wasnt eatting and got a fat abdomen like that.

Is that because they are building up fluid for the molt and the new exoskeleton is developing? I want to say I remember reading that, but I'm not really sure where lol. I would love an experienced and knowledgeable say on it.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
That was a surprisingly captivating tale and quite the unexpected twist! I actually thought this was going to describe it starting to transition to it's adult colors, but this was MUCH more interesting :rofl:

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
OMG slings look so adorable right after a molt- although a bit jelly look'n haha, I loved the story

iEatRazorz

Arachnopeon
That was a surprisingly captivating tale and quite the unexpected twist! I actually thought this was going to describe it starting to transition to it's adult colors, but this was MUCH more interesting :rofl:
Thank you! I'm Glad you enjoyed my stupidity :p It took me about an half hour to vomit that out.