My C. sp "Blue"....

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bought a sling about a year ago and it was tiny, not even sure it was what they said it was, but i took it anyways :). Turned out it most certainly was! So that was good... Anyways... when i got it, it was housed in a tiny vial. I rehoused it in a more "arboreal" vial that was larger and it grew and grew into it. I took the vial and put it inside its new KK like i do all my tarantulas that can be defensive, and gave it time to move out. It never did! I went in after it and it still would not come out, stubborn little thing. Needless to say it molted a couple more times and now its about 3.5" and still wedges itself inside this tiny vial inside its KK :?. I have tried to get it out and it gets very very mad and refuses to come out. It also refuses to come out to eat, so i take a pair of tongs and grab a large roach and dangle it in front of the vial and sooner or later it comes out for lunch :rolleyes:. It appears to be getting too large for this vial but what can i say? If its happy leave it be i guess right?? Anyways i have some pics of it peeking out of its vial before its last molt....

If you have dealt with this species you KNOW how much they grow in a molt, so imagine it a molt later...... :eek: :rolleyes:
Cheers

ttula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice cyrio! have 3 about the same size, and they have crazy burrows that they rarely come out of...so it is probably just using the vial as a burrow, i wouldn't worry. they also seem to REALLY hate light - more so than any of my other Ts (i wonder why that is?), as soon as i put the light on they're gone, so i use a red flashlight to check on them. :)