My Buthacus arenicola died

Magic Coco

Arachnopeon
I just found my Egyptian Green dead, I am upset because I do not understand how it died, as it appeared healthy just yesterday and it was given the best of care as all of my scorpions are, and also the fact that these seem somewhat rare and I don't know that I can replace it :-(
egyptian.JPG

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
i vote preserve it.. try a method to make it into a pendent or if your balsy paper weight/decor

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Most of the buthacus that are available are wild caught specimens and I had quite a colony of them. Most of mine died out of nowhere also and it's probably internal parasites. I've been looking for more of them also and they seem really hard to find now. It's a shame too cuz this is probably the most interesting genus I've ever worked with and kept. Out of 8 I originally had - I have 1 gravid female left and all I can do is hope for a healthy brood to keep them around. Make it into a pendant and wear it forever ! They are so cool to look at

Magic Coco

Arachnopeon
I bought some clear cast resin and am attempting to make it into a desktop display or paperweight. I hope it works out, I have never done anything quite like this before.

Akai

Arachnobaron
I bought some clear cast resin and am attempting to make it into a desktop display or paperweight. I hope it works out, I have never done anything quite like this before.
I'm sure you can find a YouTube video or something on how to use it. I've seen scorpions cast in resin and I think they are pretty cool.