My Bug Torture Box

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Decided to rescue some vfts from Lowe's they were on clearance for .50 cents so I grabbed 4 of them. Some were so bad I had to remove every leaf. Others had been improperly potted. I'm hoping they will recover. The stringy things in the first pic are a vft likely getting proper light for the first time in months. The second pic is what's left of another vft. The remaining ones are just bulbs with nothing to show, the bulbs themselves are near death as well with only a bit of healthy tissue. There is one large withered one that was bone dry, I did not take a pic because that one is already showing signs of recovery since all it needed was water.

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
thats pretty cool.
to feed them do you just throw a bunch of bugs in or do bugs just fly in by themselves?

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They do both, I have seen them catch their own and I feed them, found out the hard way Phoenix Worms are not suitable for vfts since they wriggle out of the traps.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
That is remarkably kind of you! I hope you succeed. I hope to be updated :)

Ranitomeya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You could allow the phoenix worms to pupate and turn into soldier flies and use them to feed the flytraps.