My B.Albo is a problem child.

Darkmatter57

Arachnopeon
So my Brachypelma Albopilosum, my first T that I've had for around 6 months has given me my fair share of new owner anxiety, but I'm pretty sure this takes the cake, had to remove the substrate and broken background, luckily I got her out nice and safe!

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Well......no, thats an improper set up....completely inappropriate for your terrestrial....there shouldnt be a background, in fact, there shouldnt be close to enough space in the enclosure for it.

Fill that enclosure 2/3-3/4 of the way with sub.

Darkmatter57

Arachnopeon
Well......no, thats an improper set up....completely inappropriate for your terrestrial....there shouldnt be a background, in fact, there shouldnt be close to enough space in the enclosure for it.

Fill that enclosure 2/3-3/4 of the way with sub.
Yeah I got the enclosure when I was really new to the hobby, but she never really had any problems or climbed at all in all the months I've had her so I never thought something like this would happen. Background has been removed and New and more sub has been added.

Chelbelle

Arachnopeon
As someone who has had to dig several geckos out from behind and INSIDE backgrounds like that i completely avoid them for all my insects. :smug: Glad you got her out safe!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
She finally found a place she wanted to hang out and you ruined it for her! :p

With an appropriate set up, she shouldn't do anything else you view as problematic :)