My Archispirostreptus gigas AGB

mickiem

Arachnoprince
IMG_3400.JPG I have had my AGBs for a couple of years. I had two females and one male. The male died last January and the females have continued to lay viable eggs. I hadn't seen new eggs since June, so I thought they were done. But alas! I found lots of new eggs today and a few protonymphs. How long can they do this?

I love these animals.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Two females Their legs are almost as beautiful as T aoutii IMG_3406.JPG

AmberReptiles

Arachnopeon
I don't have an answer for you but that is certainly interesting! I'm curious how long they can keep producing viable eggs. How many protonymphs do you have now (roughly)?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I didn't search through all the substrate but I saw about 30 eggs and 3 protonymphs. I just looked at the top few inches of a corner of their enclosure and saw a few eggs at the other end. Probably over 100.

I'm getting 2 new pairs of adults in a few weeks. I was going to keep them all together but now I'm going to keep them separate to see how long this can go on!

Last edited:

mickiem

Arachnoprince
It was a big pile of babies but most went under. I removed a piece of mango from yesterday and there were about 60 underneath it. 45427ECE-39FC-4564-AC90-5FF810336EF0.jpeg

Sadie11

Arachnosquire
Aww, thank you. They are so much fun to watch! They have as much personality as my ivories. :smug: