My AGB Millipedes

Elias Harper

Arachnopeon
Was changing substrate and got a rare glimpse of them. Theyre almost always burrowed. To think that they'll grow into monsters IMG_20171215_204438660.jpg

GenXtra

Arachnopeon
When you say almost always burrowed, when do you get to see them? Strictly at night?
How often do you need to change out the substrate?
I've been thinking of getting a millipede & I find these Gigas pretty amazing.

Elias Harper

Arachnopeon
When you say almost always burrowed, when do you get to see them? Strictly at night?
How often do you need to change out the substrate?
I change the substrate twice a year. I don't want to risk disturbing a molting pede if I can help it. Sometimes at night when I turn on the light, I see one eating, but that's about it.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
My adult A. gigas AGB are almost always on the surface. They go under to molt and lay eggs, but the rest of the time they are coiled on a piece of bark or stretched out on a stick. My youngsters, on the other hand, are mainly out at night only. I did have a weirdo molt on the surface a few weeks ago. He just laid there in a coil - took him two weeks to finish. I was worried but he's fine.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Awww, they are all rolled up. They are just so adorable. Do they sometimes cuddle up together too?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Awww, they are all rolled up. They are just so adorable. Do they sometimes cuddle up together too?
Sometimes in the coils of adults I find little millipede children. I love that! I rarely see adults coiled together or cuddling (unless they are mating).

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Sometimes in the coils of adults I find little millipede children. I love that! I rarely see adults coiled together or cuddling (unless they are mating).
Awww, be sure to save me some pictures once you see it!

thegreatinvertabrate

Arachnopeon
Adorable little pedes! I had some that were even smaller than that a few years back. Unfortunately, they died on me within a few months after purchasing them. Not sure what I did, as I had an adult that was perfectly healthy for years. How young were your pedes when you acquired them?

thegreatinvertabrate

Arachnopeon
Would anyone be willing to sell me a male AGB? I have 2 females and I'd like to attempt breeding.
I’ve also been looking a for an adult AGB. Though for myself, preferably female. Having a difficult time finding one. If anyone knows of something, me and the guy above would appreciate it.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Would anyone be willing to sell me a male AGB? I have 2 females and I'd like to attempt breeding.
I’ve also been looking a for an adult AGB. Though for myself, preferably female. Having a difficult time finding one. If anyone knows of something, me and the guy above would appreciate it.
Browse the classifieds here (you have to post more to do so) or find them at Ward's Scientific or CapeCodRoaches.
Don't take over someone else's thread, please! Post a new thread or ask in the classifieds next time.

thegreatinvertabrate

Arachnopeon
Browse the classifieds here (you have to post more to do so) or find them at Ward's Scientific or CapeCodRoaches.
Don't take over someone else's thread, please! Post a new thread or ask in the classifieds next time.
Both the sources you just named do not have AGB’s in stock, but thank you for the suggestion. Also, no one is overtaking anyone’s thread. Some of us don’t have classified privileges yet as we are new members. And when posting in the classifieds for a unique invert, your response to a request is limited to people who even browse the classifieds. Lots of folks do not. Peace mate

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Both the sources you just named do not have AGB’s in stock, but thank you for the suggestion. Also, no one is overtaking anyone’s thread. Some of us don’t have classified privileges yet as we are new members. And when posting in the classifieds for a unique invert, your response to a request is limited to people who even browse the classifieds. Lots of folks do not. Peace mate
You're right, but the OP just wanted to show off his 'pedes, not have people looking to buy other ones. Sorry for that; I hope you find what you are looking for soon!