Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All done

1.5" peat, moss cover

set-up done

Eviction

Home Sweet Home

Now I need to do this a few more times.

Hope you had a good trip through my lil home project!!!

PIG-

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
your plastic work looks really good. i haven't seen that out of anyone who wasn't a pro.

i just built my little girl a new enclosure -- i hate the word cage - it sounds so medevil. i built it out of plate aluminum, heavy aluminium angle, tempered glass & tempered mirror. the mirror cost a fortune but she enjoys doing her hair (setea) in it. it is 2.5m x 3/4m x 3/4m (8' x 2' x2'). the minute she got into it she was in heaven. she had been in an enclosure 1/4 the size. she was bored out her mind. imagine being incarcerated in a 6 x 9 cell & think how you would feel.

i know that many will object to the size. i don't know if their objections are not spawned by pecuniary interests. she gets what she wants. okay, she has me wrapped around her little tarsus. guilty.

plastic has definate advantages but only in the short term. i expect this one to be @ my funeral. i spent a little more but amortized over its service life -- the enclosure was free.
Could you post a pic somewhere of this enclosure? I'm curious. :)

rwlangbauer

Arachnopeon
picture

i have one. give me a second. the file is large i need to compress it. on the left are orchids & Goth (hiding). the annodized copper, which is on the outside of the enclosure, can be lifted to provide a view into her prefab burrows. i have dark adapted eyes so i can do this w/o freaking her out. the jungle gym is made by Magnetix. she loves to climb i love to build. the fountain is made from simple nursey products. i filled it w/ marbles when i realized how stupid crickets are. i have no idea what this would cost someone else. if you can't do it yourself & need to actually pay for things, put 3 zeros @ the end. oh, Ted's in the corner on the right. he's Bridgette's.

Attachments

Jeff Godbold

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
PIG-

Could you give a materials list? Could HD or Lowes make all the acrylic cuts if you didn't have the tools?

Thanks,

Jeff

rwlangbauer

Arachnopeon
HD or Lowes

TAP plastics is alot better. the companies you named will not gauranty the accuracy of their cuts.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Finished!!!
1 sheet of acrylic and this is what I get, 11 enclosures 6"x6"x12", and 3 small enclosures half that size. I just got my lazy curly tail in gear and finished today.

My arboreal rack/ will transfer several T's tomorrow.

Top shelf showing the lil enclosures on the right

One of the shy inhabitants who surfaced today.

I'm not realy looking forward to moving several of my big puppies which include 2 P metallicas, and my H maculata, she's gonna be a bear to move as she is dug into a hide.

Now to work on a few enclosures in glass, acrylic is nice, but glass is clean. I am jealous of some of the European T enclosures. Gotta buy a glass grinder and teach myself to use it:D.

Enjoy
PIG-

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
PIG-
I must say excellent job, all of those look excellent! But seriously... the first pics... whats up with the Nikon D300 book staring at us? Its like ha ha my acrylic cages are amazing AND i have a Nikon D300 to take pictures of them with...... All i have to say with jealousy is.... :drool:
Cheers

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
PIG-
I must say excellent job, all of those look excellent! But seriously... the first pics... whats up with the Nikon D300 book staring at us? Its like ha ha my acrylic cages are amazing AND i have a Nikon D300 to take pictures of them with...... All i have to say with jealousy is.... :drool:
Cheers

Thanks,
LOL, saving my pennies for my D300, will have it SOON{D , just decided to read as much as I can b4 buying.

Thanks again.
PIG-

Cocoa-Jin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can you build one of those with a top door and side door...plus the same 4 walled area at the top as you have on the bottom?

I'd like to have a place for substrate on the bottom, but also a "cavity/pocket" at the top since my pokie likes to hang out on the top of its enclosure

And how about some screening for the lid...I wanna keep little unwanted critters from going in there.

I'd really like to see someone tackle a hexagon or octagon like this.

Last edited:

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can you build one of those with a top door and side door...plus the same 4 walled area at the top as you have on the bottom?

I'd like to have a place for substrate on the bottom, but also a "cavity/pocket" at the top since my pokie likes to hang out on the top of its enclosure

And how about some screening for the lid...I wanna keep little unwanted critters from going in there.

I'd really like to see someone tackle a hexagon or octagon like this.
Jin, you're only limited by imagination. You can have a top and side door as long as you use cross supports (no biggie) regarding screening, you can use a router, cut out as much of the lid as you want and replace the cut-out with screen.

Hex? why not, need to miter the edges, thats all.

PIG-

Cocoa-Jin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im just waiting for this pokie to get a tad bit bigger and I'll be ready for it...if you can make it I will buy it.

Especially if you can add in a drainage port and openings for misters.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ohhh!!! VERY NICE Pig! Let me know when you start on terrestrial cages. I'm looking for 3 large display tanks for my blondi's =D