Ms. Moxie's photo thread

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
  1. G. porteri, female, eating a wax worm.
  2. C. versicolor sling, eating a baby meal worm it dragged up from the floor of it's enclosure. Strong little baby!
  3. L. klugi, suspect male, looking pretty obviously in pre-molt. If looks wasn't enough, he snubbed an offered meal. I also got a picture of his foot resting on the water and demonstrating their hydrophobic qualities.
  4. G. iheringi, female, eating a wax worm.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
  1. Freshly molted male B. auratum. What a big, handsome boy! Phew, total stunner.
  2. Female B. auratum. Also a big girl! Great eater too, she's always ready to eat and I'm ready to fatten her up. I noticed what looks to be like some sort of exuviae issue on the joint of her one front leg though. Doesn't seem to get in her way at all.
  3. Shy female A. geniculata, poking her legs out for food.
  4. Look who's in pre-molt? My very fat Pamphobeteus sp. "Costa"! Excited to see how much size they'll put on.
  5. Poecilotheria regalis 04 getting their first meal after molting, a yummy wax worm! I can already see hints of purple on this little one and am so excited.
  6. Poecilotheria regalis 02 out to show off their new skin, and comparing their new size to P. regalis 01 (aka Sassy) who hasn't molted yet. What a difference! @cold blood

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Man I haven't raised pokie slings in almost a year.. pics like these make me want more..

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
  1. Monocentropus balfouri juvenile has made some interesting subterranean renovations.
  2. Caribena versicolor babies are too cute for their own good!
  3. LOOK AT THESE HUNGRY P. REGALIS BABIES! They're clearly starving and I'm a monster! :arghh:
  4. Pamphobeteus sp. "Costa" looking really pretty after their molt.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
  1. Caught my G. iheringi stretching and thought maybe she had molted. But no, she is just stretching for fun.
  2. My handsome B. auratum male got his first meal since he molted! It's been 14 days and he took two wax worms.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Uh oh! Scorpion pictures in the tarantula pictures forum! :anxious: I figured it's fine, considering this is definitely a mostly tarantula-oriented picture thread.

1. B. jacksoni scorpling.
  2. C. gracilis communal, 3 females & 2 males.
  3. P. regalis spiderling, obviously starving!

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
  1. Hapalopus sp. Columbia Large spiderling eating for the first time after molting.
  2. Pamphobeteus sp. "Costa" 02 post-molt, and then their first post-molt meal. Where they completely mixed the wax worm and bit the sphagnum. :rofl: But later on they took a small mealworm.
  3. G. porteri female, eating a superworm!
  4. P. regalis spiderlings. P. regalis 01 (aka Sassy) finally molted! The last to do so. Yesterday she showed me naught but her bum and today s/he finally crept out to stretch out those new limbs. P. regalis 02 also showed me their bum while eating. Very cute bum! 9/10 on the bum cuteness scale.
  5. All three of my Pamphobeteus antinous slings are heavy as HECK in pre-molt! Expecting them to pop tomorrow or the day after. Excited to see what size they put on. Look how fat!
  6. C. gracilis female, out and about. I went to check on them today and all I could see was that one little claw! :rofl:
  7. B. jacksoni scorpling 01 ate for me today! They're soooo beautiful! :arghh:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
  1. :rofl: Look who threw his or her first threat pose (in my care anyway). Too bad s/he's too cute and little to be too scary.
  2. Fat little Y. diversipes sling looks to be in pre-molt.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
  1. What's in there? Poecilotheria striata female! She finally made her home in that cork round after spending two days setting up a home in one of the enclosure's corners. I was for sure she'd never use that cork bark but she finally did, which I'm glad for. I think she'll feel more secure in the cork round.
  2. Two new enclosures for my pair of P. metallica slings. One already molted, but I could tell it was in pre-molt when I unpacked it. It had a huge booty and immediately hid itself away.
  3. Ornithoctonus aureotibialis juvenile! Sooo cute! I picked up a couple slings, one of each just to try them out, and I already feel like I need more! So beautiful, and he or she is actually pretty active.
  4. Female Chilobrachys sp. "Vietnam Blue". Not sure if I'd ever see her out again, so I made sure to grab a couple good pictures first. She threat posed as soon as she climbed out of the catch cup, sassy girl!
  5. Holothele incei Gold, a freebie spiderling with my latest order. So beautiful!
  6. Female Harpactira cafreriana, shy girl.
  7. Handsome L. klugi boy! Pretty sure he's a male from vent, but he tore up his last molt so I couldn't confirm. I rehoused him into a better enclosure after his recent molt.
  8. Look who surprised me with a molt! G. pulchripes girl! She literally just ate two weeks ago.