Ms. Moxie's photo thread

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I got some new plastic enclosure jars and decided to rehouse my B. albiceps that was in an old deli cup. It was heavy duty plastic so it was hard to open and the lid was white plastic. These jars are 20 oz. capacity with a screw top lid and are totally clear. So far I'm really liking them.

I also got a dymo label maker so I could try out this whole 'professional' thing.

Last edited:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
New additions: Brachypelma auratum male & female. What a big boy! I was glad to catch him drinking after his trip to me.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Some better pictures of my B. auratum male and female now that they've settled a bit. I also fed them both. The female's cricket fell into the water but that didn't stop her from grabbing it up! Then finally, some pictures of a couple new C. versicolor I got in addition to the auratum pair.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Fed my B. auratum lady a wax worm today, trying to fatten her up. I've never used wax worms before but I got a sampler of wax worms, super worms, meal worms, and mighty meal worms with my order of mini mealworms for my Caribena versicolor slings. I fed aforementioned mini mealworms to all of my versi slings today, and here are two pictures of them eating! So tiny.

I also caught my auratum girl using her hide for the first time today! I also caught my male auratum drinking again. I love to snap pics of drinking Ts.

Troopermk2

Arachnosquire
Ive just looked through all 5 pages of spider pics and my god they all look amazing, what type of camera did/do you use for them? they all look super high quality

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Ive just looked through all 5 pages of spider pics and my god they all look amazing, what type of camera did/do you use for them? they all look super high quality
Pff, the pictures from the first 3 pages were from an iPhone 5s, and the more recent ones are taken with an iPhone 6s plus. Nothing fancy about that! To be fair, apple does put decent cameras into their phones. I also like the fact that the camera lens is at the top corner so I can turn it upside down and get some good low-angle shots without much difficulty.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
New additions! It just so happened that two order deliveries coincided today. The one order got pushed back two weeks when the seller had a family emergency to deal with, and the other I ordered on Monday. I received 2 female A. geniculata, both about 3.25" and a N. chromatus sling as well as a P. cancerides sling as freebies to make up for the two week delay. The other order was for a female G. iheringi.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
New additions: Brachypelma auratum male & female. What a big boy! I was glad to catch him drinking after his trip to me.
Did you buy that pair from Casey? If so you just barely beat me to it. Luckily Rick McJimsey had a pair that I bought the next day. :)