Ms. Moxie's photo thread

miss moxie

Arachnoprince

Xenesthis immanis just molted and regenerated the mangled leg from last molt. Here's a pic of the last molt for comparison.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats on a successfull molt. I hope my cambridgei girl regenerates her lost pedipalp whenever she molts again, too :)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Congrats on a successfull molt. I hope my cambridgei girl regenerates her lost pedipalp whenever she molts again, too :)
I hope so too! I'll keep my fingers crossed. But you know, Psalmopoeus are so feisty I bet she does just fine with one.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I hope so too! I'll keep my fingers crossed. But you know, Psalmopoeus are so feisty I bet she does just fine with one.
Actually, currently she's totally scary cat and running into hiding immediately. Here's hope she's back to her old self whenever she decides to molt ^^

miss moxie

Arachnoprince

My Brachypelma emilia just molted, and I was able to confirm that she is a female. She is well over 4" now.

Freshly molted Grammostola pulchripes female.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very pretty G. pulchripes! Gotta love the purplish highlights on the carapace and the steely blue femurs under the right light, right? :)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Very pretty G. pulchripes! Gotta love the purplish highlights on the carapace and the steely blue femurs under the right light, right? :)
I've been able to note the subtle purple/pink. But she is never out long enough to let me get a good look at her legs. She loves to bolt into the head when I pull the top off the enclosure or pick it up at all. Tarantulas can be real divas you know.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've been able to note the subtle purple/pink. But she is never out long enough to let me get a good look at her legs. She loves to bolt into the head when I pull the top off the enclosure or pick it up at all. Tarantulas can be real divas you know.
True enough. Mine has been somewhat more in hiding and bolting into her hide lately, too. No idea what brought that up, especially since right above her enclosure is the A. geniculata and she's out all the time - and I'm rarely in the room except for sleeping obviously. Oh well...

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Pamphobeteus sp. "Duran"
Xenesthis immanis
Brachypelma emilia
Brachypelma emilia
Lasiodora klugi
Nhandu coloratovillosus
Ceratogyrus marshalli
Ceratogyrus marshalli
Augacephalus ezendami
Augacephalus ezendami
Augacephalus ezendami
Poecilotheria fasciata

My Augacephalus ezendami are showing their adult coloration and are looking absolutely stunning! I always admired pictures of them, but seeing them in real life is even better. Can't wait for them to get bigger.

cold blood

Staff member
Wow, I have 6 A. ezendami ranging from 2-3.75" and not a one looks ANYTHING like yours. Yours seem so black, mine are gold.

Nice pics mox! Pamph's getting some legs!!

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Wow, I have 6 A. ezendami ranging from 2-3.75" and not a one looks ANYTHING like yours. Yours seem so black, mine are gold.

Nice pics mox! Pamph's getting some legs!!
They are just wee little things. I'd say about .75". So they might go more gold when they get larger but if they don't that's fine with me. I'm digging the antique gold look of them.

And yeah, both my pamphs and xenesthis are so leggy. They look silly when they walk.

Thanks CB! I hadn't taken any pictures in a while and I needed to feed and water them all before my surgery so I figured It'd be a good time to snap some pics.

cold blood

Staff member
Ahh, slings, that explains it....I was thrown when you said they had adult colors, which for mine was around 1.5".

Not the best eaters and super skittish mine are, growth has also been pretty slow to go with their poor appetites. But dang, their looks TOTALLY make up for it. Really cool species....one of the best carapaces around....they get this black area surrounding their eyes that make them almost look like they're wearing shades. Crappy pic, but you get the idea.

Good to see ya around Moxie! I missed ya:wink:

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
I will say that at about 1.75-2", their feeding response improves considerably...at least all mine did.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Ahh, slings, that explains it....I was thrown when you said they had adult colors, which for mine was around 1.5".

Not the best eaters and super skittish mine are, growth has also been pretty slow to go with their poor appetites. But dang, their looks TOTALLY make up for it. Really cool species....one of the best carapaces around....they get this black area surrounding their eyes that make them almost look like they're wearing shades. Crappy pic, but you get the idea.

Good to see ya around Moxie! I missed ya:wink:
Starting to show would be a better way of saying it. Before they were just all black, now they're starting to show gold. But I'm on a lot of oxycontin at the moment so I'll blame it on that-- just got home a few hours ago from the hospital. That is why I've been scarce lately. I had an MRI for back pain that showed a tumor in my uterus. For a few weeks I was going through a 'could be cancer' scare. But it's not, thank heavens. And I just had it removed earlier today.

Hopefully I'll be on more soon, now that all of this is mostly over. It'd be a crime to make you miss me any longer. ;)

I've seen their 'sunglasses' and it reminds me of P. Rufliata. Mine are still small but they aren't -too- skittish. I'm sure that will change with age, but. Not nearly as skittish as the P. fasciata slings. I do so enjoy watching them run around the deli-cup 30 times in 5 seconds.

cold blood

Staff member
Dang girl, you just need them to give you a bionic spine. Glad it was just a scare, even if it resulted in getting cut...heal up and feel better hun;)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Dang girl, you just need them to give you a bionic spine. Glad it was just a scare, even if it resulted in getting cut...heal up and feel better hun;)
See, I'm playing 'medical disaster bingo'. All I need is Appendicitis and I'll have a winner. ;)

Thanks, I plan on it.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Psalmopoeus pulcher female, freshly molted.
Psalmopoeus pulcher female

Pamphobeteus sp. Duran 1 of 2
Pamphobeteus sp. Duran 1 of 2
Pamphobeteus sp. Duran 2 of 2
Pamphobeteus sp. Duran 2 of 2

Lasiodora klugi

Acanthoscurria geniculata female

This little bugger was out of it's enclosure and on my hand before I knew what happened. But since they've webbed their home up so much, it's hard to get a good picture of them. Who am I to turn down an impromptu photo op? Avicularia purpurea spiderling.
Avicularia purpurea spiderling
Avicularia purpurea spiderling

Freshly molted Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens female
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens female; that orange on her rear is so vivid.
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens female
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens female

Side note: thanks to all of you who wished me well! I appreciate it very much, and as for an update I am doing quite well now.