Moving viv help please

gymreaper

Arachnopeon
Hey, so my heterometrus spinifer has had her babies on her back for 2 weeks now, she currently has a standard small set up with a hide and water dish on soil, but I have made a larger setup with live plants springtail colony etc and got it up to heat and humidity today. Would it be best to move her with the babies on her back to the new enclosure or wait til they’re all off? I feel like conditions in the new tank are better and she will be more comfortable but I don’t want the move to stress her out!

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
Hey, so my heterometrus spinifer has had her babies on her back for 2 weeks now, she currently has a standard small set up with a hide and water dish on soil, but I have made a larger setup with live plants springtail colony etc and got it up to heat and humidity today. Would it be best to move her with the babies on her back to the new enclosure or wait til they’re all off? I feel like conditions in the new tank are better and she will be more comfortable but I don’t want the move to stress her out!
Just wait till the babies come home off

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Don't move her while she still has newborns on her back. When they are all off on their own then you can move her.

If it is at all possible, you could try placing the smaller enclosure into the larger one and let her walk out on her own. But honestly, since it has already been 2 weeks, I would just wait it out. They will be dismounting soon enough.

gymreaper

Arachnopeon
Don't move her while she still has newborns on her back. When they are all off on their own then you can move her.

If it is at all possible, you could try placing the smaller enclosure into the larger one and let her walk out on her own. But honestly, since it has already been 2 weeks, I would just wait it out. They will be dismounting soon enough.
Yeah, I am just going to wait. Just being impatient haha! Her new setup is awesome though

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Yeah, I am just going to wait. Just being impatient haha! Her new setup is awesome though
Good idea and patience is definitely needed when dealing with mama + babies. It's never a good to move her with babies on her back or even bother her at all but it can be really tough not looking at those precious lil babies a lot
Congrats on having a brood also :)

gymreaper

Arachnopeon
Good idea and patience is definitely needed when dealing with mama + babies. It's never a good to move her with babies on her back or even bother her at all but it can be really tough not looking at those precious lil babies a lot
Congrats on having a brood also :)
Thank you!! Yeah, I've been torn between leaving her to burrow and hide away and checking to make sure they're doing ok/she isnt eating them. All off her back now and 19 out of 22 survived!