moving scorpion enclosure

HotSauceHysteria

Arachnopeon
So I just want to have this known in case this happens! If I ever move different homes how could I take my scorpion in my car without stressing her out too much?

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
I'd say probably the same way scorpion breeders pack specimen shipments.

• Secure inside a deli cup with pin sized holes, stuff the deli cup with paper towels as cushion for the scorp (maybe add heat or chill pack/some will moisten the papertowels depending on the scorpion and temps). Put that inside a styrofoam container/cardboard box stuffed with newspaper packing around.

Last edited:

Mila

Arachnoknight
the absolute easiest way with no stress at all is to just put the enclosure on your lap and sit there holding onto it. obviously youll need someone else to drive

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
If you travel with the animal, there's no need for rehouse. Leave it in enclosure, remove hard objects from enclosure. Put the enclosure in a styrofoam box (best) or cardboard box. Keep it on the seat.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So I just want to have this known in case this happens! If I ever move different homes how could I take my scorpion in my car without stressing her out too much?
If it is only one Scorpion the easiest thing to do is remove any potentially harmful objects that could hurt it by shifting and just travel with it in the seat as is. Or have someone else hold it.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
One scorpion, easy. Take dishes and hides out to keep them from crashing and hitting the scorpion or potentially breaking the enclosure. A bunch of scorpions getting moved, putting them in Deli Cups and those into a box would be better, just for the space if needed.