Moving question.

Lyrognathus

Arachnosquire
I'll be moving soon and I want to take my animals over this weekend. For a few days next week there will be some concrete drilling and some concrete laying, as well as nocking down and setting up some walls. Is it okay to move my animals over since this will all be happening in the basement and they'll be in the above floor and since it will only be for a few days?

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If you can have the animals in a room away from the construction, it will be fine.

Lyrognathus

Arachnosquire
If you can have the animals in a room away from the construction, it will be fine.
It's a floor away, but I'm not sure how loud it will be. Also, if I carry by Chilobrachys tank on my lap during the ride, is it okay to leave her in there? I'd rather not take her out, and she has much more webbing on there than my other adult OWs so I'm not sure how secure that would be for her.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's a floor away, but I'm not sure how loud it will be. Also, if I carry by Chilobrachys tank on my lap during the ride, is it okay to leave her in there? I'd rather not take her out, and she has much more webbing on there than my other adult OWs so I'm not sure how secure that would be for her.
Spiders don't have ears :) But they are very sensitive to vibration.

I have moved dozens of times over the years, from 2 to 12 hours away, and always transport my Ts in their enclosures.

Chelbelle

Arachnopeon
I transported all of mine in their enclosures for a 20+ hour drive as well. I wouldnt be too worried. The only thing I can think of is to be sure you dont have them in any direct sunlight coming into the vehicle. Wouldnt want them to overheat.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I agree, leave them in their habitats! You know how moving goes. If a animal can possibly bolt and disappear in the middle of a move, it will. It's Murphy's Law in full effect. I don't know if it's because of the stress of moving on them or on us, but no one is at full cranial capacity in the middle of a move. Play it safe. Carefully pad all of your habitats and drive like you have a baby asleep in the car. I shouldn't think they will like all the commotion in the basement, but I don't think it will do them any harm any more than moving them will.