1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving advice.

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Tleilaxu, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Tleilaxu

Tleilaxu Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    I'm moving shortly, and my scorpion in in pre molt, is there anything I can do besides packing her securely to minimize any potential damage from being moved around? It's going to be a five day drive.

I'm a little nervous since she has been off feed for two months and I'm thinking a molt is near, (She is still very small) she still looks very plump so I'm not worried about any underlying issues but a move is a stressful thing and molting is a delicate time.

Any advice is welcome. IMG_20170315_194708.jpg IMG_20170317_174925.jpg
    She is slightly thinner than she is in these pics but it's barely noticeable, and again im just worried that she will molt on the move, rather than in the safety of a stationary house.

2. Christianb96

Christianb96 Arachnoknight Active Member

how many days out is your move? i think the best thing you could do is package your scorpion up like people do when they are shipping them. use paper towels in a small container and just be extra cautious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tleilaxu

I'm moving in three days. But yeah I figured packing it tight is about all I can do.

4. RTTB

RTTB Arachnobaron Active Member

They are tough critters. Pack up tight and she should be fine.

5. Tleilaxu

Well she's all packed and ready to go, for size reference, the container is one of those that pizza places use to give people small amounts of parmesan cheese or peppers to go.

IMG_20170422_122153.jpg IMG_20170422_122329.jpg
    I will tape it for added security when I start actually moving. There are three small airholes in the cover.