move

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How do u get ur scorp to move to u touch it's tail as u would ur tarantula?

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by longbord1
How do u get ur scorp to move to u touch it's tail as u would ur tarantula?
Why do you want to make it move?

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if i take it out and it's some where on the surface i don't whant my emp. to be how to i make it move without pissing it off

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if its an emperor just pick it up and move it...their venom isnt even that toxic to humans...just grab it by the segment of the tail with the stinger on it and lift...easy.

Risto

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Static_69
if its an emperor just pick it up and move it...their venom isnt even that toxic to humans...just grab it by the segment of the tail with the stinger on it and lift...easy.

Risto
I'm far from a scorpion expert, but I'd have to say I wouldn't reccomend this with any species.. half the envenomation reports I hear happen from people doing it this way. Also, whether or not it's unlikely to sting and completely harmless to humans, I would think the piece of cardstock and brush method would work way better, and be safer for the scorpion and handler both.

Bill

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Amen Bill!

Yes, you can handle Pandinus with your hands without too much effort or risk. that being said, the choice to do so should not be taken light-heartedly. Unless you have come to the informed decision to handle your scorpions, wooden spoons, spatulas, cardboard and deli-cups will still be your best bets.

As for the original question, most scorpions will move if pushed. That being said, some are quite stuborn. In their case, nudging each leg individualy will usualy get them going.

Cheers,
Dave