Moulted , Without Any Premoult signs.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
One of my Ts has just moulted without any signs of a premoult , most unusual for me to see as I've seen and noticed signs of a up and coming moult with all my other Ts .

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
My N. chromatus molted almost a week ago without any really obvious indication of premolt. He never showed signs of lethargy, he never looked all that plump, and he never sealed off his den. The only one-time difference in behavior was that when he missed his first attempt at catching his meal (a cricket given about a week before he molted), he let it escape. Normally he would have chased it down right away. But he came back for the cricket later, so he never officially even turned down a meal.

Ts like to pull surprises sometimes I guess

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Mine have done this, seems more often when they were smaller perhaps. Or I probably just wasn't paying close attention

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
One of my Ts has just moulted without any signs of a premoult , most unusual for me to see as I've seen and noticed signs of a up and coming moult with all my other Ts .
One of my very first T's a B. smithi then, did exactly the same haha it ate the morning of its evening molt, but this was different, my nephew was staying and he went and had a look at the spider, says to me why is there two spiders in the enclosure, well I looked and couldn't believe what I was seeing, it had molted upright, leaving an intact exo standing on top of its hide and beside it the newly molted
B. smithi, strange to say the least. @Deb60 did the molt go well, that's the main thing pal.

Last edited:

Deb60

Arachnosquire
One of my very first T's a B. smithi then, did exactly the same haha it ate the morning of its evening molt, but this was different, my nephew was staying and he went and had a look at the spider, says to me why is there two spider in the enclosure, well I looked and couldn't believe what I was seeing, it had molted upright, leaving an intact exo standing on top of its hide and beside it the newly molted
B. smithi, strange to say the least. @Deb60 did the molt go well, that's the main thing pal.
Yes it did , she just looked at me as of to say . Here why are you just not feeding me for a week , I've actually had three moulted in the last week ! My little Eauthlus Red Sp also moulted ( my baby ) and I'm pleased to say all went ok , and he has all his legs now , when I got him /her he was missing a leg .

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Yes it did , she just looked at me as of to say . Here why are you just not feeding me for a week , I've actually had three moulted in the last week ! My little Eauthlus Red Sp also moulted ( my baby ) and I'm pleased to say all went ok , and he has all his legs now , when I got him /her he was missing a leg .
I'm very pleased to hear it, regeneration is one of the most incredible things with our beloved tarantulas I've never had this happen, but I'm sure at one point or another it's bound to, I'm happy to hear yours has regenerated its leg - awesome.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Had this happen with slings quite often, occasionally occurs with juveniles.

Most recently with my juvenile N. chromatus, she ate 5 days before her last moult, she looked fairly plump (not massive though) but showed no other obvious signs of premoult.

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
cwgmzejg2limcuhvsybc_zps016d2675.GIF

My Chile did that once, thought she was dead, wouldn't move at all, no matt no nothing then just flipped. You can see no web or anything under her, also iirc she ate maybe a couple days before.