Moult size/colour

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry everyone, I meant to ask this in the thread I posted earlier today. How much growth occurs in a moult? Say Peso's 1" and he moults tomorrow. How big will he be when he gets out? remember, he's a slow grower (g.pulchra). can the difference be measured, or is it so minute, no one could even give me a guess to measurement difference?
while we're on the topic, what about colour change? I'm not expecting my 'brazilian black' to be pink and gray forever. color changing due to moults-is this something that happens earlier or later in a Ts moulting schedule?
Paul

U

Unregistered

That's a tough one to answer. I don't think it can really be predicted from one T to the next. I can say for sure that you can definitely tell it has grown after eash molt. The difference is significant enough to see right away.
The changing od color, pattern etc. also varies per genus/species. Some show no pattern until 3rd or 4th instar or so, some continue to change color and pattern over several molts. Then there's sexual dimorphism in which case the male changes color (usually quite dramatically) upon his ultimate molt. If there's a particular species you wanted to know about, that would make it a little easier to narrow the information down.

See ya.
Atrax

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it differs a lot from sp to sp.. my parahybana grew so much that.. well.. i think she/he's on steroids! (grew well over 1,5 inches!!)

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think you can see the growth best by looking at the cephalothorax, after a molt you can compare the ceph of the molt and of the 'new and improved' spider. With my B. smithi's the difference is not so big, but certainly noticable. But, as schlinkey said, the growth of the parahybana is stunning! you almost feel sorry for him that he had to be so cramped in his old skin before molting...:)
greetz,
Joost

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hmm how bout avic's? how long does it take for them to reach 3-4 inches?

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avics

If feed well an avid will reach that size in well under a year, if feed say once every 2 weeks it could take longer. Almost all aborial spiders that i can think of Pokeys, Avics ect.... are extreamly fast growing.

Sincerely,

Brandon