MOST wanted Pamphobeteus sp. of 2019?

What is the most wanted Pamphobeteus species for 2019 for U.S. hobbyists?

• Pamphobteus sp. “Costa” {Ecuador, near Manabi}

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pamphobeteus verdolaga (same as = Pamphobeteus Sp. antioquia = “Paisa”)

• Pamphobeteus sp. “Montana” {Colombia}

• Total voters

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Let's hear your opinion of the most wanted Pamphobeteus species for U.S. hobbyists for next year (2019).

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
‘Volcano’, ‘Montana’, ‘verdolaga’, ‘aquatica’, ‘ornatus’ and ‘Santo domingo goliath’

Not choosing solaris and insignis since theyre already in the hobby, we just have to wait for it to drop to a justifiable price for ‘normal’ hobbyists.

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Some species like insignis, ornatus, "solaris", and "SD Goliath" are in this list because they are still only represented in very small numbers in the U.S. and stay high in demand.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I still want to see the P. sp "Araña Pollito" for sale. Would love to have one of those in my collection.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Theres only one pampho im personally interested in.
P ultramarinus or nothing

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This isn't a "most popular" Pamphobeteus genus poll. It's a poll of what's expected in 2019 for U.S. hobbyists and what's most wanted from the list in the poll. We can run a most popular/most wanted poll to pit species like P. ultramarinus, P. sp "Araña Pollito", and others in about 1-2 weeks from now after enough people have voted on this poll.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In that case id have to say ornatus could be the next big craze. Theyre recently becoming available in small numbers and they get very robust, which is always a good look in a NW terrestrial

Females are pretty for a mousey brown spider, and the males are very pretty, which we all expect from the genus. I guess it all boils down to availability and how much these new school importers try to tax the common hobbiest.

I dont think anybody is going to fall for paying solaris prices on the next "new" Pampho again:meh::vomit:

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Exporter prices set the market. The exporters are not selling Solaris for cheap.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
What do the first two on the list look like if I may ask?

I voted on the first one, but I'd personally like to see more P. sp. santo domingo goliath, since I've been eyeballing them since I joined the hobby.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Exporter prices set the market. The exporters are not selling Solaris for cheap.
Very true, but 80% of the time things double or triple in price soon as it hits US soil. We all know it.

Not just rares either. Its gotten very out of hand with some people, but to each their own i guess

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I see the exporter prices on Solaris. They are very, very high. No such thing as a "wholesale" or bulk price on that species yet.

Also, everybody reading this thread should google pics of the adult females and mature males of each species before making your vote. Everybody seems to have seen pics of solaris, but what about the other species?

Last edited:

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Also, everybody reading this thread should google pics of the adult females and mature males of each species before making your vote. Everybody seems to have seen pics of solaris, but what about the other species?
They all look the same to me.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I'm between sp. "Volcano" and sp. "Aquatica," but I think if I had to pick between the two I would choose aquatica.

Ella1984

Arachnopeon
‘Volcano’, ‘Montana’, ‘verdolaga’, ‘aquatica’, ‘ornatus’ and ‘Santo domingo goliath’

Not choosing solaris and insignis since theyre already in the hobby, we just have to wait for it to drop to a justifiable price for ‘normal’ hobbyists.
No body breed Solaris in US yet. Rarely for sale here easer. So, don't think priced will drop any time soon, because there nothing to drop from yet.

Ella1984

Arachnopeon
They all look the same to me.
Only Solaris and Ultramarinus standing out in both males and females. Other just plain brown or almost plain brown. Only mature males standing out. It makes no sense to even get those species.

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Update 12/8/19:

# 1 Pamphobeteus sp. “solaris”
Tied for 2nd place:

Pamphobeteus ornatus {Colombia},
Pamphobeteus sp. "Volcano,
Pamphobeteus sp. "Aquatica" {Colombia},
Pamphobeteus sp. "Santo Domingo Goliath"

Adding to the poll (the most demanded Pampho to the U.S. hobby, not the most popular), consider:
Pamphobeteus sp. "duran"
Pamphobeteus vespertinus (the real one!)
Pamphobeteus "chinche"
Pamphobeteus magnagenera (Ecuador) NEW 11/2019!

Last edited: