Most Underated Looking Spider

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis... gorgeous black and white T's! People tend to want the rarer ones.. also subfusca.. ok metallica hav an "in your face beauty" but subfusca have that subtle beauty.. i love them! Also, B. smithi, B. klaasi, B. emilia... so many are underated lol

Another one of my personal favs is Grammostola aureostriata.. gorgeous spiders

Ungweliante

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think G. rosea's are underrated sometimes. They say they are easy and for beginners and that they stay stilla lot but ever since I got mine ( amonth ago) she has been fun even though she doesn't eat yet.
First she tought she was a swimmer
Then a miner
Now a mounteneer
Before you know it they will fly to the moon to be an astronaut
Haha :D

Thanks for the mental image!

Rizzolo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm with Becky - i love my G. aureostriata (chaco). unfortunately, i think is a male, but i love him anyway. he eats like a pig and grows quickly. he has a great temperament, and is really beautiful.

this is hard...

i also really like my pet holes, H. lividum. i see them almost every early morning at the top of their holes, before the sun come up. since their last molt, they are beautiful blue. i have never seen one eat, but everything disappears, so i think they are plate-lickers too.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would have to say M. robustum

Im finally getting one tuesday, and its a female!:D

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
well i don't know if P cambridgei is the MOST underrated..but i do think they are somewhat underrated. my favorite species! heres a couple pictures of my mature male. even the mature males have great subtle coloration.

edit.. he had been eating a cricket..then caught the second one i put in with him..but decided to put them both down to get a little water to wash them down. after he got a little to drink, he turned around and picked up the crickets and finished eating. :D

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re-post:

One that should be included is Haplopelma longipes, this is the species that gave me the T buying bug. This is the one that cemented my addiction. Extremely active, beautiful, and fascinating. Sleek and tenacious as a Doberman and quick as a Greyhound. An Asian classic!

I know as my collection grows this one may fade to the backdrop but will always remain a favorite.

The other evening I disturbed it's evening prowlings and it instantly performed these neat and deft acrobatics and went back into the hideaway log that serves as it's retreat (via on the ceiling).

Quite accessible and inexpensive, a perfect match for more experienced T keepers.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hm i think i have to add the t i purchased at the show last sunday:

grammostola spec. 'conception'. they are even more docile than rosies, fuzzier, with subtle markings and pink-reddish hair. just beautiful, and better eaters, too! ok, they are a bit smaller, but hey, you can't have everything ;).

i've never heard anyone say much about this species, though maybe that's because they are relatively new in the hobby and not yet described properly. anyone else here has one?

i'd add many grammostola species to the underrated list, like actaeon, iheringi and mollicoma.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think b.albopilosa aka curly hairs are underrated they look like they are haveing a bad hair day everyday lol :) :D -- phil

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I must have deleted some of my better shots of the gal I was talking about, but here is another:

BC Starr

Arachnopeon
What about the subtle colors of the Indian Violet

I think it is one of my most modestly beautiful tarantulas. I even think the abundance of silk tends to emphasize the point. The various hues deep rich coffee and coco with the violet undertones fascinate me specifically because of the subtlety.

Interesting poll question

BC Starr

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks/Display wise.

My vote: B. albiceps and B. emilia, Aphonopelma sp. New River. Oh, and G. rosea RCF.

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus sp. (The females)

ps. I will kindly state that since this doesn't pertain to T husbandry, it belongs in the chat section. :)