Most Underated Looking Spider

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mexican8s said:
I have been waiting for my P. Pulcher to molt about 6 days now, it
found a hole in the cork bark and made a home there. right now the hole
is completely draperied over with webbing loaded with substrate.
Maybe after this molt to appx 3" I will see more of it. An exciting T to
watch when it's out and busy I think this member of the sme genus is
also underrated. Most buy Irminias because they are flashy, but Pulcher's
coloring is pretty cool too!
I know! I have a P. pulcher that likes to hang out on the water dish tank. It's a bit tough to change the water sometimes, lol. But I so love the blue cast to her.

kingz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
first time i have seen thist T but after seeing all of your pics i will now be adding it to my wish list for sure. i think the colors on this T are just amasing.

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine is not that defensive either. She just makes lie the wood and makes her self quite small.

Arachnomaniac

Arachnopeon
I think the title should go to the Blue fang Skeleton, because in each different stage of color it looks pretty. I might say King Baboons, but they are hardly underrated.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep youre right, very underrated species and one of my favorite.

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Most underrated T's are without a doubt the males of any species. No one seems to want them however when you either breed them or just get to see them they are usually more vibrant and have more personality than the females. I have a male Brachypelma albopilosum on loan from Dragoon and he's aimply adorable. I have had 3 P. lugardi males and they all have a sharp contrast of black and tanish/gold on their carapace. Think of P. platyomma!!!

Anyhoo on to the most under rated species. Hmmm tough one
A. genic - under rated sure but definitely not the most under rated
N. chromatus - moderately under rated however a ton of us do have them
P. cambridgei - not sure I think its more that people drool and just can't decide if they want a green T

The most under rated T in my experience is ................ Brachypelma albopilosum

They get a fair size 6" mine is jet black with grey highlights, orangey brown curly hairs and striping to boot and if you buy at the right time it will only set you back about as much as a Super Big Gulp :D

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, B. albo's definitely deserve more appreciation in the hobby than they get!

In my opinion, C.fasciatum, P.regalis, and E.murinus are also underrated.

Mha8649

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have to throw another vote in for G.rosea sure maybe they don't move alot,
but they are a very pretty spider and we have to give them credit.
If it wasnt for them being easy to get there would be alot less arachno freaks out there...

Juraki

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Although not my first T, I'd agree with that comment. I would bet that a huge number of people all over wouldn't have gotten into T's if they hadn't stumbled upon a G.Rosea in a local petstore.

Last edited:

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most Underrated

Brachypelma albopilosum - Honduran Curlyhair.
Sweet, never a kicked hair! Will tollerate practically all manner of handling. Beautiful - gold-blonde highlights set against a velvety dark chocolate, chunky and fuzzy. Remind me of little teady-bears! So docile and slow-moving, great around kids or that certain someone who is unsure of your tarantulas; gateway T!

Last edited:

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
G.rosea for sure and any others under that genus also NA tarantulas LOVE the mexican blonds.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMO, H. maculata and S. calceatum are very underappreciated. Many people stay away from them due to their speed and bad reputation, but in my experience they are no harder to work with than P. murinus or some of the Pokies.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
stubby8th said:
Brachypelma albopilosum - Honduran Curlyhair.
Sweet, never a kicked hair! Will tollerate practically all manner of handling. Beautiful - gold-blonde highlights set against a velvety dark chocolate, chunky and fuzzy. Remind me of little teady-bears! So docile and slow-moving, great around kids or that certain someone who is unsure of your tarantulas; gateway T!
Yes, and INCREDIBLE eaters, especially as slings. (Though males can sometimes be hard to plump up.)

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H.maculata all the way. Their coloration and patterning is out of this world :drool: !! I think the main reason people are so put off is because of their speed, temper, and venom strength. But as David said their no more difficult to manage than a pokie or a P.murinus.