Most reliable place to find climate info for tarantulas?

Sharno

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all - I know there is great advice here and elsewhere about temps to keep most tarantulas, including the fact that in general most do well in temps that we are comfortable with.

I find it interesting though to know where the tarantula originates from and then checking on the current temps and weather sporadically during the year. I check online or ask Alexa what the weather is like.

Where is the most RELIABLE place to find out the exact location a tarantula flourishes? I like to narrow it down to a city so I can look it up. I know care sheets are hit and miss; the one by "Mike's" does list the place and temps they come from, but maybe there is something even better. I look up the tarantulas and find scientific reports to see the areas, but perhaps there's a better source to use for all of them.

Does anyone else do this? What do you use?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alexa??

There's a number of weather sites out there. National Weather Service is good, Accuview isn't bad.

If you wanted to dial into climate data, NOAA.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I use a little thing called "weathermate" You can create a tab on it for each location you want to track. You may not be able to pinpoint the precise area you desire, but can usually get close enough. For example, I just tabbed over to Santarem, Brazil where A. geniculate can be found and I see that the temperature is currently 79 F with a humidity level of 90%.
I rather like the program, but I don't really look at the locations I tabbed for spider environments these days.

I took a screenshot of the info under the Santarem tab so you can see the types of info it can supply...

m_Weathermate screenshot.jpg

Here is a link in case you want to take a look at it. http://ravib.com/wm/.

I've had no negative issues with it after installing it a few years ago.