Most of my collection, and my T room.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dragoon, can you please post some close ups of the rectangular enclosures you have on the bottom >> and also where did you get them ?? and also the cost ??

Thanks, Mike :worship:

Last edited:

Dragoon

ArachnoGoon
Old Timer
Hello.
The tall display cases are 8.5 inches by 4.5 inches.
They cost 10 dollars from the local craft store. (Canadian, of course)
I now use velcro tabs to keep the lids on, ever since my biggest regalis stood on the bark, and pushed the lid off. (I got him back three weeks later.)
Arboreals like to web around the bark that you put in there, so as long as the bark does not go all the way to the top, you are not wrecking their webs at all when opening the lid to pour in food and mist water. In every container I have, the resident spider ducks underneath the bark when I mist. I only mist one wall, but I haven't had one try to bolt yet.

The lower rectangular things are model car display cases, bought from Wal-Mart for four dollars apiece. There is a larger size, for nine dollars, but I have a hard time getting those ones. I use them upside down, they are crystal clear. I also cut out a window in the larger ones, and glue a piece of plexiglass to the inside, to make a clear window.
Here you see an albopilosum in the small size, and a fasciatum in the large size.
Cheers
D.

Dragoon

ArachnoGoon
Old Timer
Hello.
The tiger rump is around 3.5 inches. I held a ruler over it and guestimated. It molted last month. The wooly is 1.5 inches. I adore the wooly, its very nice looking. I hope that does not mean it is male...I have been noticing the most striking colored individuals turn out to be males?
Oh well, it doesn't matter, male, female, ...I enjoy them all!
I especially like how each spider decorates its home to its own preferances. The only spider I have that has done NOTHING, absolutely NO interior decorating, is my L. parahybana. It hasn't carried a speck of peat or moved a twig.
It just eats.
And eats...
:p
D.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for posting the pics...I am gonna go to walmart tomorrow and see what I can find...

Regards, Mike :clap: