1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most interesting scorpion

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by akazaran, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Arthroverts

Arthroverts Arachnodemon Active Member

Advertisement
    That'd be great @woodie, thanks!

I found some more info on T. asthenes: https://www.ntnu.no/ub/scorpion-files/t_asthenes_biography.pdf
    It doesn't seem like a sting is lethal.

@NMWAPBT, interesting. 03 Arachnids prices are usually way out of my price range, but I may have to pay more attention to what they are importing. Did they have anything else that was interesting?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Arachnosquire Active Member

They had a bunch of Ts it was a huge list. I wanted the centruroides limbatus really really bad that were offered up for import but like i said I didnt have the money unfortunately. Also lychas mucronatus a few microtityus some androctonus and parabuthus. They had a villosus natural hybrid looked really cool but wasn't my thing really. A few tityus species I do believe smithi and clathratus and E. Neradi off the top of my head the list was huge. There was a minimum order plus a larger but reasonable shipping fee. Definitely next time I'm getting in on it. Really wanted those limbatus lol. I would have definitely jumped if they were offering some jacksoni though lbvs.

3. Mordax8393

Mordax8393 Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    Tityus asthenes is a nonlethal medically significant scorpion. Super cool species and not defensive at all (you can tail them with your fingers no problem though you shouldn't)

4. akazaran

akazaran Arachnopeon Active Member

geneva
    I think a scorpion specie is considered "medically significant" if it is proven to have caused at least one death. I might be wrong though...

5. Mordax8393

Mordax8393 Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    Trimeresurus malabaricus, for instance, is considered medically significant although it has never caused any deaths. Many nonlethal snakes are medically significant, I'd assume the same should go for scorpions

6. woodie

woodie Arachnopeon Active Member

Love Urodacus species, But in U.S. never really see them available. Mark Newton's work on aussie scorpions is nice as well. One day need to visit my gamily there again and make some time to view some in the wild

• Like Like x 2
  7. woodie

Maybe try Hottentotta jayakari or franzwerneri. Communal, colorful and terrestrial, So not as good at climbing and escaping as Tityus and Centruroides species in my experience. However still fairly hot species

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arthroverts

Arthroverts Arachnodemon Active Member

@woodie, those species are communal? I thought Hottentotta sp. would attack each other when kept together. Man, this hobby is so addictive :D!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

9. woodie

Yeah, most Hottentotta are communal especially as adults if fed enough, Even seen adult Parabuthus transvaalicus kept communally

10. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Arachnosquire Active Member

Yeah hottentotta franzwerneri are communal. I believe they're even found in the wild hanging around in small groups.

11. snarf

snarf Arachnopeon Active Member

Is it still difficult/expensive to get parabuthus villosus in the US?

12. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnoknight Active Member

I have kept adult H.hottentotta, "H.trilineatus", and H.judaicus communal in the past before not in a mixed species community of course.

Is H.tamulus.sindicus communal?