Most interesting aboreal

Bjorn

Arachnopeon
I thinking about purchasing an aboreal T. What seems to be the most active species? Most interesting behaviour?

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Avicularia cleanea is known to occasionally to do the vacuuming for you. Downside is they tend to be nocturnal, so you might weant to invest in an Oreck, for the quiet motor.

Seriously though? Depending on your experience level, I'd go for A. metallica, P. irminia, or a pokie. A blue one, if you can. ;)

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sheri said:
Avicularia cleanea is known to occasionally to do the vacuuming for you. Downside is they tend to be nocturnal, so you might weant to invest in an Oreck, for the quiet motor.

Seriously though? Depending on your experience level, I'd go for A. metallica, P. irminia, or a pokie. A blue one, if you can. ;)

I agree, i'd go for a P.irminia, or a pokie.

-Mattyb

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My pokies don't come out too often, but they grow fast and look great. My p. irminia is pretty active.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just hope this is not your first spider ...

Derfjuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And if it is one of your first T's, i would shoot for maybe A. versicolor or A. metallica. I have a versi that webs alot ... is calm enough to handle (still a quick little bugger so if your not experienced be careful) ... and they are more then beautiful ... i love looking at the webs they make. Ive never owned a metallica but they are beautiful and everyone loves em from what i hear.

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Because you n00b poecilotherias and other types of arboreal spiders are highly venemous and can kill a man just by waving its legs about :p

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
only because they are a little more venomous yes, not to kill a human lol dont laugh of me, but I dont suggest to start with one of these, with it come's the rehousing and maintenance , a noob dont know how a spider react and I think its better start with something that wont be teleporting in front of him, the animal or the man could get injured , anyway.... its not my T, not my money ,not my finger's, soo do what you want then, that was just my advice, I almost bought a P regalis as first spider and im happy to dont have it as first spider, they are very nervous ...

as I said do what you want , my advice did'nt been take seriously

second point they are no good display spider, I guess you want a display spider as first T ... I ordered a regalis as first spider, after I came in a very good forum, and asked if it was a good idea, 69 replys told me to dont get it home, and today, I totally agree at 100% with 'em all

Last edited:

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah i was just messing about mate.

But posts like yours do (though perhaps unintentional) imply that they are dangerous.

Just put

"If its going to be your first spider be aware they are very fast and can haave a painful bite"

I was told by certain members to absolutely not go anywhere near a Centipede til i had 2 years of having spiders i mean seriously what the doodle?

First spider of mine was a blondi fell in love with theem after seeing i think G wrights or jakes video with the patterned knees.

Second spider is a Poecilotheria Ornata

Also have a Scolopendra subspinipes and a (drum roll please) common goldfish.

No regrets yet!

EDIT: I forgot Oscar my sexy little corn :D

Last edited by a moderator:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
But posts like yours do (though perhaps unintentional) imply that they are dangerous.

Just put

"If its going to be your first spider be aware they are very fast and can haave a painful bite"

Also have a Scolopendra subspinipes and a (drum roll please) common goldfish.

No regrets yet!
ok, first, my english is not the best im not english, soo I dont have 50 way of saying something, understand that ? also, this was just a question, jsut askign if that was his first spider, I dont understand whast the problem with that

I've a centipede too and as long as you're carefull theres no problem, Iknow that but some people dont know what they are getting, I jsut wanted to tell him they are nervous , dont worry be happy man

Last edited:

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:D No problem mate i didnt intend to bracket you alongside those type of guys.

I guess its just one of the things that annoys me when people say
"WATCH OUT THEY ARE UNPREDICTABLE AND CAN BITE!!!"

-Yeah like a labrador-

Runaway

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I guess its just one of the things that annoys me when people say
"WATCH OUT THEY ARE UNPREDICTABLE AND CAN BITE!!!"

they are for sure unpredictable and they can bite, no ?

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lol.

The point is its like supplying instructions with a sock.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
heumm I dont understand that ... but .... many ppl started with sipder that are said *agressive* , and there was no problem ... but its not because that you did well that the other one will do well too, the main reason why I said that too is if the guy is a little bit afraid of his spider because he saw her moving very fast one day, or if he does'nt know a thing about the spider, adn after he get information on her and say : god she's freaky, he probably will do less maintenance and everything, the spider could suffer of it ...

just like a friend who bought a A. seemani, she was a little bit agressive, and he was afraid to open the lid and do maintenance ... I dont really care about the man, more of the spider

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love my P. cambridgei, she's quick, subtly beautiful, easy to take care of, and always active.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
all pokies are awsome so is the Psalmopoeus genus the avic genus...well hell i like all of them.

Bjorn

Arachnopeon
It won't be my first T. About how strong is the venom of the Psalmopoeus T's? Not like I'm planning to get bit or anything because I don't handle any of my T's. I just want to be informed on that matter.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
well they are New world so i do not think they are as bad as some of the old world specie...im not really sure how bad it is but im sure it does not feel good. i say go for it..i own 3 out of that Genus and they are great. they are all still under the 3" mark but awsome none the less. i wish i could help more

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My 1st aboreal was a Avicularia versicolor. He was absolutely gorgeous. He was calm. Loved only me. If u breathed on him he would jump, but that was it. U could see him in his web all the time.
Loved him so much, but he was a he and that was only 3 years of his company. :(