1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moss/Plants that are suitable for milipedes?

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by Datura, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Datura

Datura Arachnopeon

Kansas
    Advertisement
    So when I originally got my pair of GBA milipedes they arrived in a container from wardscience that contained either some type of moss or a type of dried up grass ball.
    They had no dirt in the container but these little guys really loved that moss stuff.
    I kept it in the tank with them for almost 2 years now but I had a mold scare the other day so I just plucked out the two agbs and cleaned the tank out getting rid of all the old dirt and their moss.

So now that I have them temporarily rehoused in a small container I was just thinking...

What kind of greenery could I replace their moss with? What type of plants if any do you guys keep with yours?
    Also any ideas on what the moss/grass ball was would be awesome cause I'd love to get them some more of it.

2. GBAs? Do you mean AGBs (African Giant Blacks)?
    Anyway, I don't keep plants with my millipedes because most of my cages are too small, but I have heard of Pothos, Jade, Wandering Jew, various mosses, orchids and some others of being non-toxic and not tasty for a millipede to eat. The moss ball was probably a wad of sphagnum moss or something.
    Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

3. Datura

Datura Arachnopeon

Kansas
    Yes AGBs my phone corrected it to GBAs for some reason. Also thanks for the recommendations!