1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moroccan Black (Androctonus mauretanicus)

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by ocdave67, Nov 5, 2005.

1. ocdave67

ocdave67 Arachnopeon

Think I am ready to jump up a notch in the hobby and am considering an Androctonus mauretanicus as my next scorpion. Would I use the caresheet for Androctonus Australis for this species? If not, what would be the proper setup for this scorpion? Also would appreciate any images that other members would have..

2. Ythier

Ythier Arachnoprince Old Timer

Perhaps this little caresheet could help. You can keep it like other Androctonus spp.
    (PS. mauritanicus ;) )
  3. Blasphemy

Blasphemy Arachnobaron Old Timer

4. They like it like most other species of androctonus hot and dry! They can be kept in a 5 gal (short) aquarium with dry sand (wetted,packed down and let dry) and a fiew flat stacked stones to hide under. Make sure the temp is around 86-90 and you should have a perfect set-up. :D
  5. Prymal

Prymal Arachnoking Old Timer

Yeah, requirements for all 'Andros' are the same: large Pet-Pal type plastic vivarium or 5.5 gallon (21 L) glass enclosure; keep it hot and dry, with good airflow; 3" (7.5 cm) layer of dry substrate and a few flat rocks (slate, fragments of terra cotta plant pots, etc.) and a light misting with room temperature, distilled water on a wall of the enclosure near substrate level at night; 1-2 times per month. Nothing too complex.

6. Androctonus_bic

Androctonus_bic Arachnoprince Old Timer

O my god A. mauritanicus, really one of the best choice. You will be a lucky man if you'll get one of this.

Eric: Are you already mauri father?
  7. fscorpion

fscorpion Arachnobaron Old Timer

Yes, Eric, tell us, did you get some little ones? :) we are all very impatient ;)
  8. Ythier

Ythier Arachnoprince Old Timer

I got several broods last year but nothing for the moment this year, I have 6-7 females gravid since 3-4 months, so I should have probably babies in the early part of spring.
  9. Androctonus_bic

Androctonus_bic Arachnoprince Old Timer

Ok, remember me when it will hapen. ;)