1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Haplo fun!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by invertepet, Dec 17, 2002.

1. invertepet

invertepet Arachnolord Old Timer

Advertisement
    H. longipedum (just came in today - 6" of really pissed-off spider!)

Attached Files:

2. invertepet

Another view...

Attached Files:

3. Ephesians

Ephesians Arachnobaron Old Timer

LOL. great pix and good looking T

4. Theraphosa

Theraphosa Arachnoknight Old Timer

so.. I guess that is the same as a Cyriopagopus paganus, right?

5. LD50

LD50 Arachnosquire Old Timer

that's a beautiful spider

6. Haploman

Haploman ArachnoEarthTiger Old Timer

Theres that L word again

no wonder its pissed id be pissed to with my femurs worn out to "look at the joints at end of femur" ;P

7. invertepet

Yep, getting shipped from SE Asia is kind of taxing on these guys. Next molt she'll look good as new... But I suspect still just as pissy. ;)

bill

8. invertepet

Does this look like longipedum to you or C. paganus? I remember this issue coming up in the Arachnid group recently...

bill

9. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

Oh, you mean the situation where if it turns out that C. paganus is properly named as C. paganus that the Genus Cyriopagopus will have precedence over the Genus Haplopelma and everything in Haplopelma will then have to be renamed Cyriopagopus??? Or were you referring to a different situation? :)

Scott

10. Ephesians

Ephesians Arachnobaron Old Timer

In reply to that...is Bill Gates involved in any of this? You know, Microsoft has the exact same effect of precedence on a lot of things. Bill the taxonomist...lol.

11. Carapace looks like rubber, like latex.

12. petitegreeneyes

petitegreeneyes Arachnoprince Old Timer

IN
  13. Haploman

Haploman ArachnoEarthTiger Old Timer

becky

I know lmao, patiently waiting yet???

14. dilleo

dilleo Arachnosquire Old Timer

Man, I hope this paper by Volker, or anyone for that matter is perfect, I expect it to be for taking such a long time. Is it just going to be described or a whole research paper on the species? How long has this particular spider been under observation? Seems to me that Volker is a busy man, probably has many spiders that he works with, and I hope to hear of his research in the near future.

p.s. It's too cold in Germany Volker and Martin, bring your spiders to the U.S.!!!

-Jeremy