1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Craigslist Tarantulas

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Tia B, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Screenshot_20180306-094036.png
    Saw this guy on Craigslist. Ignoring the obvious issues in the description, is that really a Neoholothele incei? I'm inferring that that's the species they're saying it is by the term "Olive Tarantula", but I'm not so sure that's what it is.

Screenshot_20180306-094630.png
    P. ornata, $50. Good deal or no?

Screenshot_20180306-094627.png
    Same seller as the P. ornata, a P. murinus 3" juvenile, $40.

Whst are your thoughts on these ones? Anything good or nah?

2. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking Active Member

Looks like N. incei to me.

But I think their ruler is broken.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

Yeah, it's N. incei (Trinidad Olive).

4. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Incei only gets about 3.5". Its an incei, I guarantee that.
    Price is a little steep for an incei sling IMO.

Doesn't look like ornata either, but if it is, its female.....but I really don't think that one is identified correctly.

5. Tia B

Thanks for all your responses everybody, I appreciate it. I wasn't going to get the first sling, as I agree that it's a little pricey. I was just curious as to other's opinions on species. Comparing it to other pictures of N. incei, it just looked too bright green to me. I did know that there was some obvious issues with the description nonetheless, because I have two N. incei and know they don't get that big. That's why I just kind of disregarded the description.

The Pokie is definitely a Poecilotheria, but as to which, I'm not sure. Is the price reasonable for any pokie?

6. cold blood

Yes, even if its a MM, you would get your money back to a breeder...females are worth $75-120 depending on species and where you would look.

• Like Like x 1
  7. shutout2000

shutout2000 Arachnoknight

@Tia B do something about all them notifications.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Slings can look that way under the right lighting.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Luke Alexander

Luke Alexander Arachnopeon

Mesa Az
    Try to get those OW for $60-70 :joyful:

I haven’t been watching prices for too long but I’ve been seeing juives/sub adult pterinochilus murinus going for $40-50. Just depends on where you look.

Also from what I’ve seen and heard when people say unknown sex on an adult T like that Poecilotheria it’s usually a male. I’m no expert on identifying species yet but it looks like a P. regalis to me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tia B

Ohhhh it took me a minute to understand what you were talking about lol

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tia B

@Ungoliant Thanks for giving me a better comparison picture. I could not find one with coloring that similar.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoprince Active Member

Texas
    I would be willing to bet that's a P. Miranda. I can see the purple sheen on the legs and the black markings on the carapace look very similar to mine. I paid 85 bucks for my P. Miranda as an unsexed juvie and it turned out to be male. Just waiting for him to hook out before sending him to be bred. When I can get to my computer I'll post a picture of him so you can compare the sheen and the carapace markings.

Edit: actually, on closer inspection the pattern on the abdomen doesn't look right.

13. cold blood

The color differences are associated with being at differing instars.

14. Tia B

I assumed so, but was unable to find any good picture evidence of a similar N. incei. Now that Ungoliant has so graciously provided one, I do not doubt that it is an N. incei.

15. D Sherlod

D Sherlod Arachnoknight

Looks alot like my P regalis. But I can' see any yellow markings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Mvtt70

Mvtt70 Arachnobaron

I just checked my local Craigslist because of this thread and found a $60 4" GBB, thanks OP. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Wolfspidurguy

Wolfspidurguy Arachnobaron Active Member

we should start a the price is right T edition thread

18. Wolfspidurguy

Wolfspidurguy Arachnobaron Active Member

okay i could be wrong because im mainly from the true spider part of the hobby but im trying to get more into the tarantula part of the hobby but its soooooooo expensive but is that an OBT!!!! because im getting a feeling this seller is not educated or experienced enough to have one of those but i could be wrong that could be the best T keeper on this planet and that may not be an OBT

19. Tia B

Yeah, that is an OBT. Considering they use no scientific names and misidentified some of their spiders, they probably shouldn't have an OBT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tia B

So I got the Pokie. Setup was horrendous, just a hollow tiki head and a water dish, nothing else. Spider looks healthy, if not slightly stressed. She's about 5 1/2" DLS, legs not fully extended. Pictures of spider and setup below.

What species do you guys think it is?

@D Sherlod
    @cold blood
    @Greasylake

20180311_163109.jpg

OI000056.jpg OI000057.jpg OI000058.jpg OI000059.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2