Moody female emp

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Last few days my female emp has started getting real moody. She will come out alot more, run around a bit agitated like, climbing the sides more 'quickly' and less relaxed than she or the male normally does... and she has also started having a temper toward the male. Not letting him back in the hide, and occasionally following him around nipping at him. She'll usually settle down after awhile, but she might start again later on. They spend the day sleeping together just fine, and have spent the last 2 months together just fine.
I dont know what her problem is, but I am afraid they are going to hurt each other. Yesterday she got so fussy and up in the males face, attacking him and blocking him from going into the burrow (she was also eating) that he attacked back. He tried to sting her twice, luckily the rock blocked him....
I dont really have the space to seperate them, and planned on them to be communal since before I got them.
They should be ****ing not fighting...
They get plenty of food, and there is a place for a second burrow to be dug, they just dont seem interested in doing it...
Any advice anyone?

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
seperate them. obviously these two arent very communal. this same strange behavior has been noted in communal homo sapiens sharing the same living quarters usually resulting in divorce. or you can send him to the bar after work and let her take his credit card. that could fix the problem.

its cool if you think about it from a behaviorists standpoint. not all labs like water. not all cats chase mice. and now communal scorpions become antisocial. its actually nice when things dont work like they are supposed to.

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Although emperors are communal they do get territorial at times. I find it best to have 3 or more. It decreases the chances for the scorpions to get territorial. When theres enough of them they start to learn there is nothing they can do.

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Guess maybe I will stick a divider in for awhile, get the male on the undug side...
hopefully when he digs his own burrow, gets nice and settled in, I can take it out, and maybe it will be OK. Seems ALL women need their alone time :p

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good luck, hopefully the separation doesnt make it worse. I have had numerous burrows I started for my emps over the years and every setup I have done they all go in the same burrow. They have dug seperate ones but all end up staying in the same one.

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The only thing as good as yours is someone elses... Universal trait I guess.
Artemis is so chillin, just wish Aria wasnt such a bitch :D

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my 10 baby emps started out digging their own in their new setup today. but mark my words .... within 72 hours they will all be living in the same burrow.