Monocentropus balfouri

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, I think they look good as well. Allow me to amend the original post. You can make out the cream/whitish femurs in any light. That, in combination with the fluffy appears of the femur and different coloration of the distal leg segments makes for a very attractive spider, no doubt. But many will assert that M. balfouri is more "blue" than P. metallica. I would have to disagree.
have u ever seen an adult in person?

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, can't wait to get mine either ;P

i figured since i only have a 2 tarantulas in my possession right now, i should probably at least have one more, and make it a GOOD one.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well all i can say is that THIS T is my HOLY GRAIL. It is the one T I really want badly. Hopefully breeding goes well for you guys attempting it.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
What was is "Common" name for them again?

I know we don't like common names but I use common and scientific names in my labeling and tracking system.

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What was is "Common" name for them again?

I know we don't like common names but I use common and scientific names in my labeling and tracking system.
I've seen them called: Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula or sometimes just Socotra Island Baboon Tarantula

Palawanbeetle

Arachnopeon
I thought they were blue baboons?

Never heard of a socota blue baboon:?. I have one about 1.75in. they are tied for the rarest tarantula in the world. they are tied with the gooty sapphire ornamental witch i will also soon have soon.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This thread is old bud.

and also, no...those are not really the "rarest in the world" any more;)