Molting.

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
About how long after the bald patch on the abdoman turns black is it before the tarantula actually molts?

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Guess it could depend on a number of things. Id say no more then a couple weeks.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can't put a set time on how long it will be. It could be days or it could be weeks.

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
thanks for the haste responses. Just been curious because she seems to be taking a long time XD
Im very excited to see her new colors.
A. Seemanni Ive seen freshly molted ones on youtube but im excited to see one personally :D

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
watch it molt tonite ... seems to be the trend... last 3 times i made posts regarding molting its happened the funny thing is i type that im making those posts to induce molting and it works 100% effective for me so far.;P

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
watch it molt tonite ... seems to be the trend... last 3 times i made posts regarding molting its happened the funny thing is i type that im making those posts to induce molting and it works 100% effective for me so far.;P
If she molts tonight i will roll.
she has been moving around a lot more then usual.

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
molting time.

My A. Seemanni has started to molt :]
She's a big girl so wish her luck :D
Pics coming when she is done.

GoodSmeagol

Arachnopeon
My P. regalis also just molted for the first time in my care.
I was worried I would not be able to get the old exo out, because she had left it half buried in her ball of webbing she had created.
Well last night I turn around in my chair and see her being oh so kind, and walking it to the front of the cage for me.
How did she hold it and walk...?
Very cool!

STi

Arachnopeon
I was worried I would not be able to get the old exo out, because she had left it half buried in her ball of webbing she had created.
Well last night I turn around in my chair and see her being oh so kind, and walking it to the front of the cage for me.
Very cool!
Sounds so nice of her. I'd love a t that helped out with maintenance.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool!
Does she breed her own cockroaches also, or does she prefer super worms. {D

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
so she is finished molting but she is still on her back is this normal or should i be worried.
From the external it looks like everything is off. i can see all her legs but she is still upside down. :confused:

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
finished.

My A. Seemanni is finished molting but she is still lying upside down and from what I can see there is no movement at all and from what i can see she looks like she got the whole exo off.
but she is still sitting upside down.
should i be worried or is it normal.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Give it time, I'm sure your tarantula is fine., sometimes they take a little while to recover

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
thank you.
When is a good time to remove the molt i am really excited to find out the size and sex of this beast :]
I think its a girl :D

GoodSmeagol

Arachnopeon
so she is finished molting but she is still on her back is this normal or should i be worried.
From the external it looks like everything is off. i can see all her legs but she is still upside down. :confused:
My girl stayed on her back for most of the day, I read that they are flexing their new joints and allowing the exo to harden a little.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would wait until your tarantula is upright again, and even then make it a quick grab and leave your t alone to recover.

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
ITS ALIVE! lol.
She justed moved around, she is still upside down but it looked as if she just woke up because she was stretching :D

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hehe glad to hear. I always find molting to be fascinating even after 10 years of keeping them.