Molting Skin concern

Nikkip

Arachnopeon
First time avicularia owner here. Got my 4 year old a spider because he'd been asking for one and well now she is basically my spider, her name is Mr. Spider (thanks to the kiddo for the name). She just went through her first molt and she has completely shed the exoskeleton but its kind of in her way when it comes time for her tp flip. I'm wondering if i should try to remove it or just let her figure it out on her own. Also how long will she be on her back? She's been moving a bit and I'd say its been about 15 minutes since she has shed the skin completely. Any advice would be appreciated.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
You can remove the molt when you can safely get at it without risking hurting the tarantula, they are very fragile at this point. The spider will flip back over onto its legs whenever it feels ready, and not a moment before. Also, would you mind posting pictures of the enclosure? Almost every single care sheet out there is innacurate and pet stores typically give terrible advice on keeping tarantulas, so chances are there could be a little improvement to be made, and not by any fault of your own.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Spiders know how to spider. The old exo won't be in her way. They usually rest for a while afterwards, just make sure she has access to water and she should be fine :)

You could always post a picture of your spider and setup, some of the avic keepers on here would surely be happy to let you know if there is anything to be done to make your spider more comfortable!

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
They will do all sorts of post-molt “spider tai chi”, from stretching, repetitive bending of a limb, to curling their legs underneath them (that one always freaks me out as when I initially see it). They may remain on their back for an hour or more. My opinion concerning the exuvia (old exoskeleton) is to remove it as soon as possible, particularly if the exuvia is touching the spider. Reason being that if the exuvia is slightly stuck to the freshly molted spider it will separate much easier the earlier an attempt is made. I recently had this issue with one of my slings. However, if the exuvia is completely separate you can snag it when practical. I will repeat what @Greasylake stated above, they are completely helpless, and VERY fragile immediately following a molt. So, do not touch them, etc., to determine if they are “alive”, or try to flip them over. Molting is one of the most interesting things spiders do. I never get tired of watching the process. Enjoy!