Molting on her arrvival

DaArachnic

Arachnopeon
Hello guys i need some quick help here! I just ordered a tarantula and she arrved in her package upside down, im guess she is molting athought she isnt moving..do I get her out of these napkings even though its cold and no longer moist?

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
was it just wrapped in the tissue?

Looks stressed....doesn't really look like molting.....is it responsive?

DaArachnic

Arachnopeon
So she was stressed , it became a bit responsive and a successful transfer into its enclosure ! It looked like it was upside down, its my first sling but it actually wasnt upsdide down and not molting.

DaArachnic

Arachnopeon
It was housed properly with a nice moist towel in a big enough cup which was good so she did have space. She did travel far from California to New York so I would see why she was that stressed it was a whole 2 days for it. Its fine now I found it this morning making its hole and is also a clown as it put its coconut fiber in its water dish guess it likes to play around haha

cold blood

Staff member
It was housed properly with a nice moist towel in a big enough cup which was good so she did have space.
A well packed t should NOT have extra space...they should be packed tightly to prevent shifting and bouncing around...
She did travel far from California to New York so I would see why she was that stressed it was a whole 2 days for it.
2 days is not the best idea this time of year, I'm so glad yours made the trip. When temps are good though, 2 day is fine, and it really doesn't matter if it goes across town or across the country, 2 days is still 2 days...and basically the same for the t within....distance isn't really an issue.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
It was housed properly with a nice moist towel in a big enough cup which was good so she did have space
That’s not proper. The spider should be extra snug for transport. Think of the way a bike helmet fits. Extra space is dangerous.

Glad to hear it’s doing well:) Transport is always stessful for Ts. When you first unbox them, it’s pretty common for them to be relatively unresponsive.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
It definitely wasn't molting, just a stressed out T. doesn't look like it was packaged properly. Lucky they made it!

DaArachnic

Arachnopeon
yeahh guys it was definitely stressed out im so happy it made it too!! its done just fine now putting her substrate on its water bowl being funny and playing “find my water bowl” thanks for all the help guys !

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Definitely not molting, its stressed from packaging. This is normal since it was shipped. Nice T you got there.

DaArachnic

Arachnopeon
Definitely not molting, its stressed from packaging. This is normal since it was shipped. Nice T you got there.
Yeah I was scared to touch it at the beginning and immediately went to you guys for some help! But thanks very much it is very beautiful

Dave Jay

Arachnoknight
Good to hear it recovered from its ordeal, my first Tarantulas arrived Wednesday and Thursday last week, unfortunately two were doa, but their replacements and more should arrive next Wednesday, hopefully they won't be 4 days in the post this time.

DaArachnic

Arachnopeon
Good to hear it recovered from its ordeal, my first Tarantulas arrived Wednesday and Thursday last week, unfortunately two were doa, but their replacements and more should arrive next Wednesday, hopefully they won't be 4 days in the post this time.
thank you soo much I was scared that it wouldnt make it im sure it was pretty stressed out. I felt so bad after that long trip. But oh damn sorry to hear that loss. I know even though its wasnt your fault im sure it sucks to lose them on arrival. Good luck with the new replacements! hopefully it all goes well this time!