Molting maybe...?

Jessneedscoffee

Arachnopeon
Greetings. I come here asking for help. You see, I have a jumper who hasn't eaten in many weeks. I've been told that she may be close to molting, but that was quite some time ago. It may just be me being paranoid, but I do believe she is also a picky eater.. My other two jumpers will go after prey a fair size larger than themselves, but last time I fed my female, it had been a fruitfly. Since then I haven't been able to get her to eat anything. I caught her out behind my house in a field, and I'm not too sure what species she is, but im quite fond of her and could really use some insight. (Sorry for poor quality photos) Thank you. IMG_20170822_042859.jpg IMG_20170822_043002.jpg IMG_20170822_043027.jpg

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
There is a chance that the spider will molt. I had jumpers in the past refuse food for a while before molting. Try pinhead crickets and see if she will eat that.

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
Could she be Messua limbata? If not, look in Sassacus, maybe?

She looks to be either in premolt or gravid. I have many jumpers and they've only rarely refused a meal when expecting... I cannot tell if she's matured yet anyway. So maybe she'll surprise you with new clothes soon!

If she's still refusing food, maybe the best thing would be to release her where you found her. She was clearly faring well out there and there may be food out there she prefers over what you've been offering. Just a thought. :happy:

Jessneedscoffee

Arachnopeon
Could she be Messua limbata? If not, look in Sassacus, maybe?

She looks to be either in premolt or gravid. I have many jumpers and they've only rarely refused a meal when expecting... I cannot tell if she's matured yet anyway. So maybe she'll surprise you with new clothes soon!

If she's still refusing food, maybe the best thing would be to release her where you found her. She was clearly faring well out there and there may be food out there she prefers over what you've been offering. Just a thought. :happy:
I've been thinking about releasing her for a while now... I'll keep that in mind, but I will wait a little longer to see what happens.