Molting Greenbottle blue tarantula

Redhinemonkeey

Arachnopeon
I just noticed today the my gbb molted. I removed the cricket that i gave him yesterday. How long should i wait to feed him again?

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Once the fangs are completely black again. Couple of days if its a sling, maybe a week if its a juvie and ul to two weeks if its a full grown adult.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I just noticed today the my gbb molted. I removed the cricket that i gave him yesterday. How long should i wait to feed him again?
How big is the tarantula?

You want to wait until the fangs turn black. Immediately after the molt, the fangs are soft and white. They redden and gradually darken to a ruddy brown before turning black.

The larger the tarantula, the longer it takes for this process to complete. If it's a tiny sling, 5-7 days is enough. For large adults, you might need to wait two or more weeks.

Redhinemonkeey

Arachnopeon
How big is the tarantula?

You want to wait until the fangs turn black. Immediately after the molt, the fangs are soft and white. They redden and gradually darken to a ruddy brown before turning black.

The larger the tarantula, the longer it takes for this process to complete. If it's a tiny sling, 5-7 days is enough. For large adults, you might need to wait two or more weeks.
Hes still very small, about the size of a quarter

Code92

Arachnopeon
My adult female GBB took 9 days from molt to feeding. Your milage may vary.