1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Molting frequency

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Braulio Paz, May 14, 2019.

1. Braulio Paz

Braulio Paz Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hello.

I just want to know if you know how often would G pulchripes slings (2 cm) molt.

I have three and I feed them once a week. We are in autumn here and I assume that's why some of them won't eat for 2 or 3 weeks sometimes.
    I know this hobby requires patience but as they are my first tarantulas I want to be a happy dad and want to see them grow as fast as they can in order to be stronger haha.

Thank you in advance.

2. Goopyguy56

Goopyguy56 Arachnobaron Active Member

Ohio
    Well they grow slow-medium in my experience. Warmer temps will speed it up. Some species grow alot faster than others. Even some individuals of the same species kept identically will grow at different rates. If you want a faster growing t you could always get more like something from the phormictopus genus.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnolord Active Member

G. pulchripes are slow growing in my experience with my 3 and the growth ranges vary a lot. I started with three 1/2'' and fed them 2-3 times a week. After they hit the 1'' mark, the growth rates for the three changed quite a bit. One female is now close to 3'' in legspan, the other is a male which he's 2'' in legspan and my last one is a female at 1.75'' in legspan. I had mines for over 2 years going on 3 years next month.

4. Enrgy

Enrgy Arachnosquire Active Member

well u have a slow growing species, but not as slow as most claim. some grow somewhat medium-fast and others don't, it just depends on the specimen/temps.

higher temps=faster growth and cooler temps=slower growth.

but as they get older it slows down a lot, but it's worth it since they live so long.

U shud get more faster growing species, or just more ts in general lol so u can watch those grow as well! but i must warn u, this method may lead to an addiction of giant spiders in ur home...:troll:

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

HAHA, just to show how wildly variable growth rates are (which means there is no clear answer), Ive raised 162 G. pulchripes from 2i...my experiences were meduim/fast growth to about 2.5-3"...slowing expodentially from there as molt cycles significantly increase.

So significantly different than previous posts.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

Fairly quick up until around 3" and then painfully slow after that (my 4" female is going a year between moults atm)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

No one can tell you this info.